Learning and Development Calendar
ELAA’s Professional Learning and Development calendar ensures that teachers, educators, and committee members are up-to-date and informed.
- This event has passed.
Fostering Strengths Based Learning (SBL) in early childhood
SBL is about identifying and growing what children are naturally good at and where they thrive before we focus on fixing their difficulties and challenges. This interactive workshop will help you grow and deepen your focus on children’s strengths.
Links to APST Knowledge 1.2, 1.5 Practice 4.1 Engagement 6.2, 7.4
Links to NQS QA1 QA5
This workshop will cover:
- why strengths represent us at our best
- three key signs a child is using their strengths
- the practice of Strength Spotting in children
- how mindsets direct children’s efforts and their responses to success and setbacks
- what you can say and do to nurture a mindset that creates successful and resilient learners
- why negative thoughts and feelings linger longer than positive ones and the learning and wellbeing benefits of cultivating a more positive lens
- practical activities to harness positivity in your classroom
- SBL rituals, routines and resources you can take away and use in your classrooms right now.
Presenter: Ariadne Lack
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Ariadne Lack is a counselling psychologist and facilitator. She is passionate about helping educators and parents of young children build resilience and wellbeing by harnessing children’s strengths. Ariadne fuses her professional expertise with the latest science from positive psychology and her experience raising two young boys to deliver engaging, practical and evidence based workshops on strengths based learning and parenting. Ariadne holds a Degree in Psychology, a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Psychology and a Masters in Applied Positive Psychology