3 Year Old Teacher – Temp to end 2021 – Potential Ongoing
Organisation Chelsea Heights Kindergarten
Closing date 25.07.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
Location Chelsea Heights
About the Centre/Service Chelsea Heights Kindergarten is a sessional 3 and 4-year-old kindergarten service run by a volunteer parent committee with strong links to our local community. We are seeking an early childhood qualified educator for a limited term contract until the end of the year, with the potential to become permanent in 2022. At Chelsea Heights Kindergarten we aim to provide an environment that is safe, inviting and stimulating for all children. We firmly believe that each child’s kinder experience and overall development is enhanced by families and staff working together. Our curriculum is play based and offers a variety of activities that are initiated by the children’s emerging interests as well as those that are connected to the community and environment. Children are encouraged to make independent choices and individual needs are supported and catered for. Our Program offers the children numerous music, art, literacy, language, maths and science activities presented in a fun and engaging manner. Several incursions and excursions are planned each year to develop and extend learning interests.
Work Days of the Role Monday & Friday (sessions are 9:15am to 12:15pm)
Hours of Work of the Role 9hrs (6hrs contact)
Description We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic part time temporary contract 3yr old Teacher for the remainder of 2021, with the potential for the role to become permanent in 2022. This role is a great opportunity for you to be a key part in enhancing and educating the lives of the children in Chelsea Height. The objectives of the position are as follows:
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the Education and Care National Law Act 2010, the Education and Care National Regulations 2011 and always adhere to its requirements.
- Work alongside Early Childhood Educators and share responsibility for the preparation, implementation and evaluation of a high-quality curriculum using a sound knowledge of the Victorian early years learning and development framework
- A sound knowledge of current best practice that is reflective of the approved National Quality Framework
- Be willing to work in a team environment providing day-to-day support, direction and leadership to their co-worker/s
- Ensure a safe environment is maintained for both staff and children.
- Ensure that records are maintained accurately for each child in their care and in accordance with the requirements of the National Regulations 2011.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate daily routines.
- Ensure the centre or service’s policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Liaise with families, carers, community as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of the centre or service’s policies
- Undertake administrative functions as required
- To have undertaken appropriate professional development related to work which may include on-the-job and/or off-site support.
- A minimum of 2 years experiences
- Minimum Diploma qualified
- Be able to develop, plan and implement the program
- A strong understanding and the capacity to work with children with diverse range of abilities
- A sound understanding of play-based pedagogy
- Work and manage time effectively with minimal supervision,
- Have excellent communication skills and work well as part of a team.
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements Leadership portfolios are allocated to all Educators at Chelsea Heights Kindergarten, with additional administration hours provided. Please do not hesitate to contact Allesa Lancaster, President, on 0422412141
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2016 (VECTEA)
Written applications via email