3YO Early Childhood Teacher
Organisation Armadale Early Learning Centre (Sessional Kindergarten)
Closing date 11.12.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Armadale Early Learning Centre is vibrant, inclusive community kindergarten providing quality 3 and 4 year old kindergarten programs in Armadale. The Kindergarten is a not-for-profit sessional kinder run by a Committee of Management made up of parent volunteers. Our sessional kindergarten is currently rated Exceeding in all areas of the NQS and is renowned for its child-centred and community-based kindergarten programs. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality early childhood education within a beautiful, park-like setting. Our teachers and educators develop an emergent curriculum to explore learning with children in areas of interest, recognise their sense of agency and nurture their lifelong curiosity for knowledge and understanding.
Work Days of the Role Wednesday and Friday with flexible planning hours
Hours of Work of the Role 18 hours
Description We are seeking a passionate and qualified Kindergarten Teacher to join our dynamic and supportive team, and lead one of our 3-year-old Kindergarten Groups. The successful applicant will be the Early childhood Teacher in our 3YO Kangaroo Group on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Qualifications Successful applicants must possess:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or equivalent (as per the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010, Education, and Care Services National Regulations 2011, and the DEECD Victorian Kindergarten, Policy, Procedures and Funding Criteria)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a cooperative, flexible and professional manner with children, parents, staff and committee of management
- Ability to plan, work and manage time effectively with minimal supervision.
- Sound knowledge of EYLF and NQS
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements Must have proof of Covid-19 vaccinations
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)