4 year old Kindergarten Teacher/Educational Leader
Organisation Yandell Kindergarten (A Steiner kindergarten)
Closing date 24.10.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Yandell Kindergarten is a community sessional kindergarten which provides three year old and four year old programs based on the practises and principles of Rudolf Steiner. We strive to create a warm and nurturing environment and to develop imagination and wonder in every child. This vacancy is for the 4 year old teacher and Kindergarten Leader role to work with two educators in developing the program for 22 children. We also offer a food program that provides food of the highest standard (primarily bio-dynamic or organic), nutritious and plentiful. Everyone is involved in food preparation. We are seeking a dynamic and creative kindergarten teacher who has an understanding of Anthrosophy and Steiner Education or a passion to develop further these attributes.
Work Days of the Role Monday, Wednesday and Friday - 25 hours
Hours of Work of the Role Contact hours 8am - 4pm Wednesday and Friday. Non-contact hours day worked will be negotiable.
- Develop, in consultation with parents and educators, a Steiner-based educational program that is culturally respectful, inclusive of all abilities and appropriate to the individual developmental needs and interests of the children. The program will be based on an approved curriculum framework, reflect the service’s Steiner philosophy and policies, the needs of the community, and be culturally appropriate.
- Maintain the rhythm of the day including preparation of meals, activities, morning circle, story, free play, caring for the room and outdoor space.
- Act in accordance with the authority delegated by the committee of management (employer) in dealing with situations of an urgent nature requiring immediate action, ensuring compliance with the Act and the Regulations.
- Operate within the requirements of the service’s policies and procedures, as well as funding and regulatory requirements.
- Discuss with relevant service staff, such as other educators, the educational program, needs of families and children attending the service. Potentially take on the Educational Leader role which would include:
- Be actively involved in the development and implementation of the Quality Improvement Plan of the service and the ongoing self-assessment for continuous improvement.
- Create an inspirational vision for children's learning which guides pedagogical decisions and a shared approach about how to achieve the best learning outcomes for children.
- Lead and guide the development and implementation of a high-quality educational program, based on an approved curriculum framework that promotes each child's learning across five learning outcomes. This will be undertaken in consultation with children, the committee of management (employer) and the families of children attending Yandell Kindergarten
- Mentor and inspire other staff to develop Steiner based educational offering for the community
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor of Education or equivalent
- Current Child Protection and First Aid Qualifications
- Experience working in a Steiner Early Childhood Setting preferred
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements Have and continue to update professional knowledge regarding early childhood education including Steiner education.
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)