Early Childhood 4 year old teacher
Organisation Eastmont Preschool Association Inc
Closing date 08.12.2021
Primary role Administrator
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Located in Vermont, Eastmont Preschool has been providing quality sessional kindergarten programs for children since 1968. Eastmont is committed to child safety and maintaining a child safe environment for all our children. With an exceeding rating in National Quality Standard (NQS), Eastmont Preschool offers a stimulating, play-based curriculum that enables children to explore and understand the world around them. This is guided by the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework. We aim to create a caring and inclusive environment where children of all abilities feel supported and are able to explore, discover, imagine and create. We promote respect for self and others, and responsibility for the environment.
Work Days of the Role Wednesday and Friday (Please only apply if available on these days)
Hours of Work of the Role 15 hours
Description We are seeking an energetic and passionate teacher to join our dedicated team as one of the 4yo group teachers, commencing in Term 1, 2022. You will have the ability to continue to work with children through the encouragement and celebration of their unique strengths and interests. In this role you will work closely with our Director and Assistant Director, numerous educators and families to provide an environment where children can learn and explore in a supported environment. This position is a part-time 12 month contract (including a 12 week trial period) with contract commencing term 1 2022 and concluding at the end of term 4, 2022, with the possibility of ongoing employment.
Qualifications The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to implement a program that reflects the interests of children
- Well-developed leadership and self-motivation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with educators, children and their families
- A genuine concern and empathy for children demonstrating a proactive response to the needs of each individual child
- Ability to demonstrate initiative as well as display a commitment to teamwork
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework, Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and the National Quality Framework
- Ability to apply the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and the National Quality Framework
- A registration as an Early Childhood Teacher with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- An approved current first aid training qualification, approved anaphylaxis management qualification and approved emergency asthma management qualification that complies with the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and service policies.
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements • Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (or equivalent)
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)