Early Childhood Teacher
Organisation North Kew Kindergarten Inc
Closing date 29.04.2022
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service North Kew Kindergarten is a friendly community based organisation which has been an active part of the community for over 60 years. The Staff at North Kew Kindergarten are committed to providing a warm, caring, positive environment that encourages curiosity, exploration and facilitates each child’s individual learning. Our program is creative, flexible and based on the children’s interests and developmental levels. We provide time in an unhurried environment for children to share their ideas and be listened to. The Staff are active in building strong partnerships with parents and value their enriching contributions to the program and their children’s learning.
Work Days of the Role Monday, Wednesday, Thursday – 8:45 - 2:45pm (2 days to be nominated)
Hours of Work of the Role 20 hours per week.
Description We are looking for a qualified Early Childhood Teacher to join our kindergarten, in a job share position, leading our 4YO program. The position will involve 2 days teaching the 4YO program and includes the Educational Leader & Nominated Supervisor role. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and implementing the program for a group of up to 22 children who attend our government funded 4YO program.The role will require:
- A commitment to continuous learning, best practice and achieving high quality service delivery.
- Sound working knowledge of the VEYLDF and the NQF.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organisational skills.
- Educational leadership while working as a member of a collaborative service team.
- To ensure a safe environment is maintained for both staff and children.
- To work positively and cooperatively with all staff, parents and committee members.
- 10 hours contact time
- 5 hours non-contact time
- Additional 1 hour for set up and pack up each day
- Additional 3 hours per week for Nominated Supervisor/Educational Leader
Qualifications In addition to a warm, friendly attitude and commitment to continuous improvement, applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Early Childhood Teacher qualification (or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification)
- At least 5+ years of Early Childhood Kindergarten teaching experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience within a Nominated Supervisor position
- Level 2 First Aid as well as anaphylaxis and asthma certificates
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as per Government mandate)
Requirements VIT Registration
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
Please email Cover Letter and CV