Activity Group Leader: Diploma Qualified
Organisation Little St Margarets Ltd
Closing date 02.08.2021
Primary role Activity Group Leader (AGL)
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Little St Margaret’s was established in 1929 and is a not-for-profit, community based kindergarten which offers a specialised early learning curriculum in a family friendly environment with small class sizes. Little St Margaret’s has an overall rating of exceeding the National Quality Standards. We are committed to being a child safe organisation. At Little St Margaret’s we offer 3 and 4 year old kindergarten programs with an extended care program Monday-Thursday.
Work Days of the Role Monday - Thursday
Hours of Work of the Role 25.25 hours per week
Description We are currently looking to employ an inspiring and passionate Diploma Qualified Early Childhood Educator to join our dynamic team, (contract position until December 2022) implementing our extended care program. In this role you will be expected to:
- develop and implement a high quality programs, reflecting a sound understanding of early childhood development
- support open ended, play based experiences based on the children's interests to support individual development
- support an inclusive environment in which all children are supported to participate and achieve their full potential
- create a welcoming, caring and supportive environment
- maintain regular and positive contact with parents, to foster strong relationships with families
- work in a cooperative, flexible and professional manner with children, families, staff and Little St Margaret's Council.
- work collaboratively with team members
- provide a safe and healthy environment
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- have demonstrated ability to problem solve
- liaise with the Kindergarten Director in managing the extended care enrolments and invoicing.
|Contact||12.00-6.00||3.00-6.00||12.00-6.00||11.45-2.00 (lunch cover) 3.00-6.00||N/A|
Qualifications Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent Working with children check Current first aid, anaphylaxis, asthma and child protection certificate Employment conditions in accordance to VECTEA 2020
Additional Requirements Please contact Katrina Nightingale on email@example.com for further information
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2016 (VECTEA)