Organisation Windsor Community Children's Centre Co-op Ltd.
Closing date 29.09.2022
Primary role Administrator
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service We are a not-for-profit, community-run long day care and kindergarten, providing care and education to children aged from 6 months to 5 years. We are in the heart of Windsor, Melbourne. We are 43 years young with a proud history of providing accessible quality education and care. WCCC is a professional work environment where our staff and educators are respected, valued and cared for. WCCC staff and educators are offered above award pay and conditions, excellence in current and relevant professional development opportunities, as well as coaching and mentoring. We recognise the importance of our employees' health and wellbeing. WCCC has places for 54 children across four rooms. All WCCC rooms implement a holistic program, centred on play-based learning and intentional teaching, while creating learning environments that are responsive to all children's strengths, skills and interests. The outdoor space is large and natural with a focus on environmental sustainability. WCCC’s kitchen has pride of place in the Centre and provides nutritious pescatarian meals to the children and staff every day. We have strong partnerships with the higher education and tertiary sector. We are on a journey of reconciliation and building lifelong learning and respect for our Indigenous culture. As well as providing an Anti-bias curriculum, we are a child safe environment and are committed to children’s protection from abuse.
Work Days of the Role 3 - 4 days a week
Hours of Work of the Role Approx 24 -32 hours/week
Description ooking for change and/or the opportunity to work in a high-quality not-for-profit service?An exciting opportunity has come up to join the front office administration at Windsor Community Children’s Centre Co-op as an Administrative Assistant. We are looking for an experienced early childhood professional with experience in administration. Candidates for the role should be passionate about early childhood education and the work that is undertaken within it. They should be able to show open and transparent communication skills in building respectful relationships with children, families and educators.The successful candidate will, in conjunction with the Director:
- Act as the first point of contact for WCCC families either via phone, email or in person
- Provide administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the office
- Ensure records are maintained accurately for each child in line with the Education and Care Services National Laws and Regulations and the National Quality Standards.
- Prepare, maintain and oversee staffing rosters in accordance with industrial award entitlements to ensure the Service operates effectively.
- Support the Director and employees through a variety of tasks related to organisation and communication.
- Demonstrate teamwork and work as an active member of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the Service is responsive to the needs of families and children
- Develop positive relationships and respectful partnerships with families and colleagues to ensure professional standards are maintained
- Demonstrate a high level of personal professionalism and personal integrity as detailed in the Early Childhood Code of Ethics
Qualifications Desirable - Diploma qualification in accordance with the educational and care services national regulation (however, applicants with extensive practical and hands-on experience in Childcare Centre administration would be considered without a diploma qualification)
Additional Requirements Minimum of two years experience with QikKids system and sound knowledge of Family Assistance Laws.
Industrial Agreement/Award Professional Childcare Standard 2015
Please send a cover letter and resume by July 3 to the Director, Josie Caruso at [email protected] Only suitable applicants will be contacted and interviews may take place prior to the application closing date. If you have any queries in relation to the role or recruitment process please contact us.