Asssitant Director/Educational Leader Teacher
Organisation East Preston Islamic College ELC
For Provider East Preston Islamic College Limited
Closing date 10.12.2021
Primary role Other
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service East Preston Islamic College (EPIC) is an ELC-12, independent, co-educational College and is committed to be an Islamic community that develops extraordinary learners with a passion to serve others. EPIC’s ELC consists of 3- and 4-year-old sessional kindergarten, as well as long dare care facilities for EPIC staff. The College is dedicated to enhancing the expertise of our staff, placing a strong focus on professional development and leadership opportunities. We are a vibrant community that values passionate and committed teachers who engage, challenge, and develop their students in their Islamic faith journey, personal development and academic study. A position has become available for a full-time (1.0) Assistant Director/Educational Leader, commencing Term 1, 2022. The position is a 12-month contract with the possibility of extension.
Work Days of the Role Mon-Fri During School Term
Hours of Work of the Role 8:30-4:30
Description The Assistant Director/Educational Leader is a nominated supervisor who plays a pivotal role in supporting the Director by managing the day-to-day operations of the ELC, including; ensuring the centre operates within existing legislative and funding compliance requirements, implementing innovative and quality program leadership, solely responsible for the day to day operations of the service, in the absence of the Director. Some of the roles and responsibilities that you will be fulfilling are:
- Managing the Early Learning Centre, in the absence of the Director
- Ensuring all NQS are upheld across all 7 areas; driving improvements, guiding curriculum direction & decision making
- Programming and Planning Reviews
- Mentoring Educators
- Liaising with Parents and Educators
- Day to day duties of the Centre Director when the Director is away from the Centre
- Developing and maintaining the QIP
- Part time teaching
Qualifications Qualifications & requirments
- Tertiary qualifications in early education, i.e. Bachelor Qualifications in Early Childhood.
- Hold V.I.T. registration
- Sound knowledge of Early Childhood Education in long day care
- Demonstrated understanding of quality practice in long day care
- Demonstrated assessment skills, including completing a Quality improvement plan, transition statements and summative assessments.
- Experience of managing a Quality Improvement Plan with a focus on the 3 Exceeding Themes.
- Have scope to be innovative, forward thinking and creative in supporting the ongoing continuous improvement of our Centre.
- You will support and mentor the team by providing ongoing support and clear direction within the curriculum and program planning, complying with all legislative requirements.
- Have a strong knowledge of the EYLF and NQS and be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as building relationships with children and families.
- Utilising your strong leadership and supervision experience, you will be responsible for supporting, mentoring and leading a team of warm and skilled educators.
- A working knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of children aged 0-5 years, including children with additional needs
- Two years’ experience as either Educational Leader/2IC/Assistant Director will be looked upon favourably
- Hold and maintain an approved: first aid and CPR qualification, emergency asthma management qualification and management of anaphylaxis qualification
Requirements VIT Registration
Industrial Agreement/Award Individual EBA