Bachelor qualified Early Childhood Teacher
Organisation Darren Reserve Kindergarten
For Provider Darren Reserve Kindergarten
Closing date 30.11.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
Location Springvale South
About the Centre/Service Darren Reserve Kindergarten Inc. is a community-run kindergarten. The kinder is entirely owned and operated by a volunteer Committee of Management with the support of our highly skilled and dedicated staff. In 2022 the kinder will offer 4 sessions of combined three and four year olds. Our aim is to provide innovative and inspiring programs for children in a stimulating and safe environment.
Work Days of the Role Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 15 contact, 7.5 non-contact, 22.5 total hours per week
Description An exciting opportunity has become available for an Early Childhood teacher to join our team. The key purpose of this role is to develop and provide a high quality, developmental appropriate educational program for a combined three and four year old group. The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A sound understanding and knowledge of early childhood development and education.
- The ability to develop, document and implement a high quality, developmentally appropriate education program for kindergarten children in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with children, the committee of management (employer), families, other staff and professionals.
- The ability to plan, work and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work in a cooperative, flexible and professional manner with children, parents, staff and committee of management
- Well-developed leadership and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of information.
Qualifications Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
Requirements VIT Registration
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)