Early Childhood Educators
Organisation Seawinds Community Hub
For Provider Seawinds Early Learning Centre
Closing date 30.07.2021
Primary role Certificate III Educator
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Seawinds Early Centre is a not-for-profit childcare centre catering for children between 6 months to 5 years of age. The existing expertise within the staff and management, and strong support from partners, particularly Eastbourne Primary School has enabled the Centre to achieve Exceeding National Quality Standard and provide excellent early learning, family and parental support. We are very proud of our quality programs that facilitate learning through play, tailored to meet each child’s needs. It enables children and their families to flourish in a nurturing, supportive and education-based environment led by energetic, committed, and knowledgeable educators.
Work Days of the Role Monday to Friday
Hours of Work of the Role Hours varied
Description We are seeking part time and full-time Educators to work in our Early Learning Centre. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the Room Leader and other staff and volunteers to provide a high quality, developmentally appropriate educational program for the children. In this role you will assist with the daily routines and delivery of the program, including preparation of activities, general cleanliness and safety of everyone . Take a virtual tour of our Early Learning Centre to see the state of art play spaces, equipment and programs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJcL-Jk6tU8&t=7s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9RHHHSntjw&t=109s
Qualifications The successful applicant will:
- Possess a professional and enthusiastic attitude.
- Have high standards of personal presentation.
- Be committed to continual development and improvement both professionally and personally.
- Be a positive person who will develop strong relationships with families, children, colleagues and the community in an inclusive manner.
- Actively join our group of educators with a focus on providing a culture of excellence in education, care and supervision of all children.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Have excellent knowledge of and the ability to successfully contribute to every element of the National Quality Standards.
- Have excellent knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- A sound knowledge of Education and Care Services National Regulations, Legislation and Law.
- Have a current First Aid Certificate including CPR, Asthma & Anaphylaxis training (or willing to obtain).
- Have a current Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain).
- Have obtained a Certificate III or Diploma in Early childhood Education & Care (or equivalent).
Additional Requirements • A sound understanding and knowledge of early childhood development and education. • The ability to assess, document, monitor and develop each child’s progress, with family involvement. • Ability to work together with a team of professionals within a classroom, and work with parents and other stakeholders to achieve optimal results for each child.
Industrial Agreement/Award Children’s Services Award 2010