Organisation North Fitzroy Child Care Co-operative
Closing date 18.06.2021
Primary role Child Care – Director (Co-ordinator)
Position type Part-time
Location Fitzroy North
About the Centre/Service North Fitzroy Child Care Co-operative is seeking an experienced, motivated and passionate leader to become the Director of our community-focussed centre. We are a small 27 place community-based centre that provides educational programs for children aged 8 months to 5 years. We believe children learn through exploration and discovery within a stimulating educational play-based curriculum. We value collaboration with our families to provide a warm & engaging environment where children can meet their full potential. The centre has continuously been assessed and rated as exceeding under the National Quality Standard. We are seeking a person with outstanding leadership skills who will be responsible for managing the daily operation of the centre, mentoring a dynamic and diverse team of skilled educators, and providing the children an enriching, stimulating and secure experience. As the Nominated Supervisor you will work with the Committee of Management and staff to lead the strategic direction of the centre and ensure that it continues to operate smoothly and to an exceptional standard.
Work Days of the Role 4 days per week - Flexible
Hours of Work of the Role 32 hours per week
Description Your responsibilities will include;
- ensuring the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of the centre on behalf of the Approved Provider
- mentoring and supporting staff – promoting an understanding of the EYLF and VEYLDF, keeping up to date with current research and resources relating to early years education, exploring opportunities for professional development and ensuring policies and procedures are understood and implemented.
- working in collaboration with staff, families and the Committee of Management to ensure that the centre continues to meet and exceed its obligations under all National Quality Standards and applicable legislation
- being a key contact for the centre for relevant regulatory authorities
- working in collaboration with Committee members in relation to budgets, enrolment, compliance, and other areas as required and reporting regularly to the Committee of Management on the operations of the centre
- Assisting children when required in daily routines and providing individualised support for their needs as well as those of their families.
- have a commitment to excellence in early childhood education
- share our centre’s philosophy;
- be approachable and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that will enable you to effectively manage the centre’s various stakeholders (current and prospective families and children, staff and Committee of Management)
- be able to work effectively and efficiently and have sound reasoning and decision-making abilities.
- value the variety of skills and experience that our staff bring to their roles and encourage their ongoing development.
- understand the NQS and related regulatory standards and requirements.
- understand he Child Safe Standards to ensure the centre operates as a safe organisation
- be knowledgeable about theories, pedagogy and the EYLF/VEYLDF.
- enjoy creating a positive and welcoming environment for children to foster and support development
- have experience as a director or administrator of an early years’ service.
- Bring, and be open to, new ideas for the future development and strategic directions of the centre; and
- Have strong computer and time management skills and be able to work autonomously.
Qualifications You must have:
- Diploma or Degree in Early Childhood Education ( recognised by ACECQA)
- Current First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training Certificate
- Current Working with Children's Check
- Current Police Check
- The ability to work in Australia
- Two recent referees (1 must be most current or current employer)
Additional Requirements If this position sounds exciting to you, please forward your application including your CV (including 2 referees) and cover letter setting out the reasons why you would be a great fit for this role. Please note that only applications that address the key selection criteria will be considered. For further information or to obtain a position description please contact Alison Bradshaw – 9481 1148. Written applications close Friday 18th June 2021 and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org North Fitzroy Child Care Co-op is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Industrial Agreement/Award Professional Childcare Standard 2015