Centre Manager/ Early Childhood Teacher
Organisation Deer Park West Kindergarten
For Provider Deer Park West Kindergarten
Closing date 28.11.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Full-time
Location Deer Park
About the Centre/Service Deer Park West Kindergarten (the Service) is a community-based, not-for-profit kindergarten service located in Adeline Court, Deer Park. The Service is operated by a Committee of Management (CoM) which is made up of parents/guardians of children attending the programs. The Service offers a funded kindergarten program for children aged four years, in the year prior to school, and an Activity Group for children aged three years which will become a government funded program in 2022.
Work Days of the Role Monday - Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 38 hours
Description We are seeking a dedicated person to join our team; who is passionate and motivated about making a positive difference in the lives of children and their families. The Centre Manager position is critical to the Service achieving its vision. Modelling excellent leadership, the Centre Manager will establish respectful and reciprocal relationships with families and develop the Service’s team to provide a high-quality education and care program. There are three areas of focus for this position:
- Manage the Service in collaboration with the CoM to ensure the Service is a leading provider of early childhood education programs in the local area and develop and manage the staff team to deliver outstanding performance.
- As the Nominated Supervisor of the Service ensure the service complies with the requirements set out in the National Regulations and the National Quality Framework.
- As an Early Childhood Teacher, develop and deliver a high quality, developmentally appropriate educational program for four-year-old children attending the Service, based on the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF).
QualificationsThe successful applicant must have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing an early childhood education and care service and being a Nominated Supervisor.
- Knowledge of finance, budgeting, and experience working with a volunteer Committee of Management.
- Experience in planning and preparation of reports for Committees of Management and other external stakeholders.
- A sound understanding and knowledge of early childhood development and education.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of legislation, regulations, and standards, including Child Safe Standards governing the operation of children’s services.
- Ability to develop, document and implement a high quality, developmentally appropriate education program for kindergarten children in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Early Childhood Australia (ECA) Code of Ethics, Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) Code of Conduct and the service's Code of Conduct and be able to support other staff in their understanding of these Codes
- Ability to mentor and develop a high performing workforce.
- Qualifications in management will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with children, families, other employees, professionals, stakeholders, and CoM.
- Ability to work in a cooperative, flexible, and professional manner with children, families, staff, and committee of management.
- Well-developed leadership and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to identify and utilise people's strengths and build relationships.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of information.
- Ability to attend professional development opportunities, committee and staff meetings as well as mentoring sessions.
- Qualifications suitable for an Early Childhood Teacher under the Education and Care Services National Law, Education and Care Services National Regulations and the Victorian DET Kindergarten Funding Guide.
- Be registered as an Early Childhood Teacher with the Victorian Institute of Teaching and continue to renew/maintain the registration during the course of employment at the Service.
- Must be able to fill the position of Nominated Supervisor or be nominated as a person in a leadership position or with responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the service in accordance with the Regulations if required by the Approved Provider.
- In accordance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations and service policies, hold a current approved first aid qualification, o approved anaphylaxis management qualification and o approved emergency asthma management qualification. o Sound knowledge of the VEYLDF, EYLF, NQS and planning cycle.
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements • Adhere to and apply to the kindergarten policies, principles and philosophies. • Experience in working with CALD families. • Ability to work collaboratively in a team with staff, committee, parents and the community. • Experience in working with children with additional needs. • Flexibility, initiative, leadership and team skills are vital. Applications to include: • Resume with Cover letter highlighting: your educational philosophy, what you will bring to the team and your experience working in a collaborative leadership model. • Qualifications and certificates. • Name, qualification, phone number and email for 3 most current contactable referees from the early learning industry including one Centre/Kindergarten. • Current police check. We are a child safe and equal opportunity employer.
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)