Co-Educator- Diploma Part time for outdoor play
Organisation Sunrise Kindergarten and Long Day Care
For Provider Ananda Marga Pracaraka Samgha Ltd
Closing date 02.07.2021
Primary role Diploma Qualified Educator
Position type Part-time
Location Fitzroy North
About the Centre/Service Sunrise Kindergarten and long daycare is a non for profit in Fitzroy North 22 placed Centre seeking a Qualified Co- Educator and embrace working in a team and Teacher in our Integrated Kindergarten program and long daycare setting. Sunrise Kindergarten follows a Neo-Humanist Philosophy, which fosters meditation & yoga for children and staff. Within our program, we explore our local parklands daily, by going on adventures. Recognizing the effect of diet on mind and behavior as well as on the growth of the body we are a vegetarian Centre, no egg, mushroom, garlic, onion. Please refer to our website to broaden your understanding of this unique kindergarten and long day care & our philosophy. www.sunrisepreschool.vic.edu.au
Work Days of the Role Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Hours of Work of the Role Tuesday and Thursday 1pm - 6pm Wednesday 8am - 3.30pm
Description Start date: From ASAP 2021 - the possibility for more hours. For this role we also expect you will have: An ECEC Diploma qualification(preferred) or equivalent, Co-Educator as approved by ACECQA or working towards.
- The play-based approach for children on a day-to-day basis, together with the Early Childhood Teacher/Room Leader to be able to initiate and set up the outdoor play space.
- 12 months' experience (preferred) working in an early childhood
- Practical working knowledge and application of the NQF, EYLF, and VEYLDF
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs that are inclusive and responsive to the interests, strengths and learning needs of individual children for outdoors and indoor play.0
- Proven ability to engage in critical reflection on your performance and practice
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team.
- Who is committed
- Can-do attitude
- With good communication skills, warm and welcoming capable to build relationships with the children and the families of our community.
- Part of our philosophy is nurturing each child’s socially and emotionally, we do this through the practice of Yoga and meditation daily.
- Is enthusiastic about working closely with a team of educators, families, key workers and specialists.
- Promote and role model sustainability, inclusive in our outdoor/indoor area.
- Accountable to the Committee of Management for all employment matters.
Qualifications Diploma or Certificate III working toward Diploma
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2016 (VECTEA)
apply via email