Organisation Deer Park West Kindergarten Inc.
For Provider Deer Park West Kindergarten
Closing date 28.11.2021
Primary role Diploma Qualified Educator
Position type Part-time
Location Deer Park
About the Centre/Service Deer Park West Kindergarten (the Service) is a community-based, not-for-profit kindergarten service located in Adeline Court, Deer Park. The Service is operated by a Committee of Management (CoM) which is made up of parents/guardians of children attending the programs. The Service offers a funded kindergarten program for children aged four years, in the year prior to school, and an Activity Group for children aged three years which will become a government funded program in 2022.
Work Days of the Role Wednesday - Friday
Hours of Work of the Role up to 24.5 hours TBC
Description We are seeking a dedicated person to join our team; who is passionate and motivated about making a positive difference in the lives of children and their families. The role will include supporting the development and implementation of a high-quality learning program for up to thirty-three 4-5 year old children. In this role, you will be actively involved in the development and implementation of the Quality Improvement Plan of the kindergarten. You will be required to work in collaboration with fellow staff members, Committee of Management and families to support the implementation of a play-based program that develops and extends the children’s strengths and interests. The applicant will also be committed to providing a safe, supportive and inclusive environment for all children in their care. Weekly non-contact time for planning is provided. Paid professional development and training will be offered. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Early Childhood Teacher with the development and provision of a high quality, developmentally appropriate program for the children attending the Service, and supporting the consultation process with parents/guardians and other stakeholders in the development of the program.
- Operate in a professional manner at all times and ensure that the service meets the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Law (the Act), Education and Care Services National Regulations (the Regulations), the Victorian Department of Education and Training’s Kindergarten Funding Guide, and adhere to the approved policies and procedures of the Service and its Quality Improvement Plan.
Qualifications The successful applicant must have:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Approved and current First Aid, including CPR, Anaphylaxis, adrenaline auto injector training and Asthma certificates
- Ability to attend professional development opportunities, staff meetings and mentoring sessions.
Additional Requirements • Adhere to and apply to the kindergarten policies, principles and philosophies. • Experience in working with CALD families. • Ability to work collaboratively in a team with staff, committee, parents and the community. • Experience in working with children with additional needs. • Flexibility, initiative, leadership and team skills are vital. Applications to include: • Resume with Cover letter highlighting: your educational philosophy, what you will bring to the team and your experience working in a collaborative leadership model. • Qualifications and certificates. • Name, qualification, phone number and email for 3 most current contactable referees from the early learning industry including one Centre/Kindergarten We are a child safe and equal opportunity employer.
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)