Diploma Qualified and Certificate III Casual Educators
Organisation Springvale Service for Children
Closing date 24.12.2021
Primary role Other
Position type Casual
About the Centre/Service Springvale Service for Children is a leading Not-For-Profit community-based organisation providing support for families through an integrated service model. The service was established in 2009 and has grown to provide a large and broad range of services to support families with young children. Having strong links with the local community, we pride ourselves in our ‘no wrong door’ policy that welcomes everyone into the service. Our range of services for young children and their families for their healthy development, learning and well-being includes: • Long Day and Sessional Early Learning Programs • Maternal and Child Health • Play Groups • Toy Library • Visiting Specialists • Community programs
Work Days of the Role Monday to Friday
Hours of Work of the Role Casual
Description We currently opportunities for Diploma Qualified and Certificate III Educators to work on a casual basis to deliver a creative, high quality early years’ program for children in a multi-age setting. In this role you will bring your passion for working with children to our supportive team to provide quality education and care. You will work with a team of dedicated educators to create a stimulating, positive and inclusive environment that reflects the Early Years Learning Framework whilst maintaining the elements of the National Quality Standards (NQS). With the benefit of above educator to child ratio, you will be responsible for leading observations, programming and for the evaluation of children's development to ultimately support their learning outcomes. Our service is committed to the well-being and development of our team as part of sustaining a supporting and caring culture in which we are all supported to flourish. With the addition of a comprehensive induction and mentoring process you will be supported to learn about the service and develop in your role. We have extensive in-service Leadership team, including an experienced Pedagogical leader, who supports the team to develop their pedagogical understanding and establish nurturing and inclusive relationships with children, families and the community. There are also opportunities for on-going Professional Development throughout the year to enhance your skills and knowledge, during our regular team meetings and training from external services and consultants. In order for your application to be considered please address the following selection criteria (1 paragraph per question is sufficient):
- What is your personal philosophy of Early Childhood Education?
- How do you demonstrate your experience in working in multi-age group?
- How do you use your knowledge of EYLF in your everyday practice?
- Provide information of your understanding and difference between Child Safe Standards and Child Protection?
Qualifications Essential Qualifications
- Diploma or Certificate III in Children’s Services –New graduates welcome to apply Current Level 2 First aid Certificate (including Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training). Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working in early childhood services. Knowledge of the EYLF, NQF, National Quality Standard, DET Regulations and Law.
- Understanding and knowledge of Child Safe Standards and Child Protection
- Genuine enthusiasm, initiative and professionalism
- Have a current Working with Children and Police Check (under 6 months)
- An ability to work a variety of shifts between the hours of 7am - 6pm, Monday-Friday.
Additional Requirements We are a Child Safe Organization. All employees must agree to our Educator Code of Conduct, which aligns with the ECA Code of Ethics. Applications should be addressed to Sharen Woolmington, HR & Finance, and submitted via email to email@example.com Previous applicants please do not apply. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Industrial Agreement/Award Children’s Services Award 2010