Early Childhood Assistant Educator
Organisation Y Whittlesea
Closing date 10.08.2022
Primary role Certificate III Educator
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Kirrip Kindergarten opened its doors in January 2022 and is delivering 3 and 4 year old funded kinder to the local community in Wollert East.
Hours of Work of the Role 16-17hrs per week
Description Y Whittlesea has been providing early education and care to the local community for the past 30 years and is also a registered NDIS provider.We are excited to be expanding our current team at Kirrip and are seeking experienced Early Childhood Assistant Educators to join us on part-time basis (16-17hrs per week).You will join a team that is supportive and committed to your personal development. A positive attitude towards a collaborative approach will help you succeed in this role.If you feel you meet what we are looking for in terms of:
- Willingness to give 110% attention to the care and education of our children
- Being warm and compassionate
- Innovative and self-motivated
- Creative and resourceful in creating spaces for children and families
- Abide by all education and care regulations and the Y's policies and procedures
- Being flexible and reliable to work on a rotating roster; then we would love to hear from you.
- A National Police Check (or International Police Check where applicants have lived or worked overseas);
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Check (or equivalent) in accordance with their state or territory laws; and
- Three reference checks.
Qualifications Mandatory Requirements/Qualifications
- Current Employee Working With Children Check
- Covid Vaccination Certificate (3 doses) (or medical clearance)
- Current National Police Check (no more than 6 months old) and to be renewed every 3 years.
- Current Level 2 First Aid (minimum HLTAID003)
- Current CPR (HLTAID001)
- Current Anaphylaxis qualification and epipen/anapen training (22300VIC)
- Current Asthma qualification (22282VIC)
- Minimum training requirement as required by ACECQA (one of the below):
- Certificate III in Children Services (or equivalent) – this will attract the Level CSA3.1-3.3
- Diploma in Children Services (or equivalent) - this will attract the Level CSA3.4
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
TO APPLY: Please visit our Y careers page to apply directly with your resume and cover letter and to complete an application form (copy link into your browser): https://whittlesea.ymca.org.au/about/careers/find-a-job/