Early Childhood Assistant Educators (Cert III / Diploma)
Organisation Y Whittlesea
Closing date 29.10.2021
Primary role Other
Position type Part-time
Work Days of the Role Part time - will be determined with preferred applicant
Hours of Work of the Role Part time - will be determined with preferred applicant
Description Y WORK FOR THE Y Y Whittlesea is seeking Early Childhood Educators to work at our brand-new service in Wollert. There are several positions to fill which will be permanent parttime roles with possible scope to work fulltime. Anticipated start date for this role is likely to be very early January 2022 for a Term One 2022 school year start. Kirrip Kindergarten is our brand-new centre in Wollert and due to commence its operation from Term 1, 2022 and will be offering 3 and 4 year old kindergarten. The service has 3 large rooms with an abundance of natural light and a natural outdoor environment. Kirrip is located next to a local primary school and other complimentary spaces such as maternal health and community spaces. Our service of sessional kindergarten deliver a curriculum that allows children’s learning to be scaffolded through a wide range of play based teaching opportunities. Our Kirrip Kindergarten in Wollert being new, you will be working alongside a brand-new team, so what a great opportunity to be part of building a successful team culture from the ground up where you will all striving for a collective common goal. Our ongoing commitment to children’s learning is always the key focus while also maintaining a working culture that is professional, respective and self-developing. You will join a Y team that is supportive and committed to your personal development. With a positive attitude towards a collaborative approach will help you succeed in this role. If you feel you meet what we are looking for in terms of:
- willingness to give 110% attention to the care and education of our children
- innovative and self-motivated
- creative and resourceful in creating spaces for children and families
- work on a rotating roster; then we would love to hear from you.
- Demonstrated experience working in a children’s services in compliance with the Education and Care Regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- The applicant will be able to continually self-reflect, is open to feedback and able to implement changes.
- Strong knowledge of the Educational and Care Services National Regulations.
- Preferably has had experience working within a sessional kindergarten setting.
- Strong leadership qualities in managing a team when acting as a Diploma Qualified and AGL
- Excellent planning, development and implementation experience in delivering a quality program
- Commitment to contributing to a positive team culture
- A National Police Check (or International Police Check where applicants have lived or worked overseas);
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Check (or equivalent) in accordance with their state or territory laws; and
- A minimum of three (3) reference checks.
Qualifications Mandatory Requirements/Qualifications/Certificates wo
- *Diploma of Children Services (required as a minimum for an AGL role)
- *Certificate III in Children Services (required for Co-educator role)
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate (or evidence of medical clearance) to comply with Y Whittlesea Vaccination Statement
- Current National Police Check (no more than 6 months old) and to be renewed every 3 years.
- Current Level 2 First Aid (minimum HLTAID003)
- Current CPR (HLTAID001)
- Current Anaphylaxis qualification and epipen / anapen training (22300VIC)
- Current Asthma qualification (22282VIC)
- NDIS Workers Screening Check**
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
TO APPLY: Please visit our Y careers page to apply directly with your resume and cover letter and to complete an application form. (copy link into your browser): https://whittlesea.ymca.org.au/about/careers/find-a-job/