Early Childhood Educator
Organisation Leslie Moorhead Preschool Centre Inc
Closing date 24.10.2021
Primary role Diploma Qualified Educator
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Leslie Moorhead Preschool is a stand-alone community preschool based in the heart of Mornington. Our aim is to provide a secure, nurturing learning environment ensuring that each child reaches their full potential. We are committed to the inclusion of all children, considering their interests, abilities, culture, gender and family structure. We believe families are our most important source of information in children’s lives. Positive relationships between family, staff and children ensures everyone feels welcome, and encouraged to participate wherever possible to bridge the gap between home, pre-school and the community. The Early Years Learning Framework is embedded within the pre-school, guiding our program. Our strong focus on learning through play encourages children to be curious, independent, creative and resilient learners. Our spacious outdoors and use of natural materials encourages the children to be active and healthy in their play. This provides learning to care for their local natural environment, practice sustainability and acknowledge our indigenous heritage. Our staff and parent committee are dedicated to working together to manage, maintain and continually improve our service.
Work Days of the Role Wednesday
Hours of Work of the Role 9:00 - 3:30
Description We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Early Childhood Educator to join our well established team based on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula. The position is permanent part-time commencing in Term 1, 2022 working in our 3 year-old group. Reporting to the Early Childhood Teacher, the responsibilities of the successful applicant include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the development and provision of a quality, developmentally appropriate program for the children. This program is to be developed in consultation with the committee, the parents of children attending and the early childhood teacher in charge of the program and be responsive to the needs of the community.
- Work cooperatively as a member of a team to provide a developmentally appropriate program.
- Fulfil the requirements of the position of Nominated Supervisor or a person in day-to-day charge if required and in accordance with the requirements of the Regulations.
- Be responsible for sharing the housekeeping tasks of preparation, hygiene, safety and packing away with other staff related to the program. Be actively involved in the development and implementation of the Quality Improvement Plan of the service.
- Work cooperatively with the committee of management (employer) and all staff to ensure the service operates in a safe work environment and that employees adhere to all service OHS safety procedures
- As part of a team, facilitate effective communication and assist in the day-to-day supervision of relevant staff/volunteers performing duties in the program for which the educator is working.
Qualifications Diploma of Children’s Services or Certificate III of Children's Services
Additional Requirements Child Protection/Mandatory Reporting Module certificate
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
Committee of Managment
All applications including cover letter and resume should be emailed to email@example.com by 5pm Sunday 24 October 2021