Early Childhood Educator
Organisation Ilim Learning Sanctuary
For Provider Ilim Learning Sanctuary
Closing date 13.11.2021
Primary role Diploma Qualified Educator
Position type Full-time
Location Glenroy, Victoria
About the Centre/Service Glenroy Ilim Learning Sanctuary, located on the same site as the Ilim Glenroy Primary School, will work in harmony with the community, with early learning and childhood education linking closely with the partnership with the school. We are an 87-place centre which is growing quickly with new families joining us every day which opens up many opportunities for enthusiastic educators to join our centre.
Work Days of the Role Monday to Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 37.5
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Inter-personal skills: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and well-developed emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and understanding of the National Quality Framework, Victorian Early Years Framework and the Education and Care National Regulations and Act.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Ability to positively network and build effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Create a safe and fun environment for the children that are engaging and educational and deliver consistently high quality practice of the National Quality Framework, including regulatory compliance (Education and Care National Regulations and Act), adherence to the seven National Quality Standards and Victorian Early Years Learning Framework (VEYLF).
- Lead and motivate staff to achieve the objectives of the centre and support staff in their development.
- Contribute to a culture of innovative Early Childhood practices and professional development while supporting the Ilim Learning Sanctuary philosophy.
- Maintain and support a strong customer and family focus, and ensure a positive service experience for both children and their parents/guardians.
- Perform other duties as required and comply with reasonable directions.
- Diploma or equivalent qualifications in Early Childhood / Children's Services or equivalent.
- First Aid Level II
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma qualifications
- Working With Children
- Protecting Children – Mandatory Reporting and other obligations for the Early Childhood Sector Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
Additional Requirements Dress Code: Uniform with Islamic attire including the headscarf.
Industrial Agreement/Award Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010
Please email your Resumes with the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org