Early Childhood Educator
Organisation Early Years at Phoenix Park Inc
Closing date 30.11.2021
Primary role Diploma Qualified Educator
Position type Full-time
Location Malvern East
About the Centre/Service Early Years @ Phoenix Park is a community based early learning centre that is currently going through a period of exciting change and restructure. The service recognizes our educators as our greatest resource and operates as a Professional Learning community, working in collaboration for positive change towards educational transformation. The educators at Early Years @ Phoenix Park are the drivers of their individual rooms curriculum. Teams work together to share ideas, tools and strategies in order to make key curriculum assessment, instruction, teacher/educator development and leadership decisions. You will work as a self managed team where you decide your roster, shift times and RDO's to meet the needs of you and your team. Early Years @ Phoenix Park offers long day care, integrated 4-year-old kindergarten and 3 and 4-year-old sessional kindergarten programs.
Work Days of the Role Monday - Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 40
- You will have a knowledge of the EYLF and NQS and be able to demonstrate excellent communication.
- You will show confidence in implementing and supporting programs through observation, assessment and reflection. Or willing to develop and learn these skills
- Your pedagogy will support children's learning and development while incorporating the principals, practices and outcomes of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- You will be an Advocate for children as competent confident self-learners and plan for their individual learning and development through meaningful interactions and intentional teaching.
- You will be proactive as a team member in an environment of shared knowledge and collaboration.
- You will thrive as a member of our learning community where knowledge is shared and achievements celebrated.
- You will demonstrate leadership skills and ability to work independently and positively within a team.
- You will be open to learning, engage in critical reflection to identify practice strengths and areas for improving.
- You will have strong time management skills.
- Diploma in Children's Services
- Current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificates
- Mandatory Reporting Training Certificate
- Valid Working With Children's Check
- Full Working Rights in Australia
- Sound knowledge of the EYLF, code of ethics, planning cycle and documentation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Personable and approachable
Industrial Agreement/Award Individual EBA