Early Childhood Educator
Organisation Hawthorn Early Years
Closing date 31.01.2022
Primary role Diploma Qualified Educator
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service Located in the community HUB on Glenferrie Road in Hawthorn, Hawthorn Early Years (HEY) boasts spacious and light filled rooms with lots of natural light, large outdoor spaces, a beautiful peppercorn tree, vegetable gardens, mud pits and a communal area which houses pet turtles and fish. With a diverse range of cultural backgrounds amongst our teaching teams and children, we love exploring cultural differences, as well as embracing various holidays and celebrations throughout the year. Situated close to public transport, the local library and primary schools which provides opportunities to take the children out and about on excursions and to enjoy great connections with the surrounding community. HEY values professionalism, and we are committed to investing in our staff and encouraging career progression. Our daily contexts and quality improvement practices also contribute to ongoing learning and development and therefore, professional identity as a team. HEY employees two full time Educational Leaders to support each of the juniors and seniors teaching teams in recognition of the clear link between leadership and improved outcomes for children. Our Philosophy At Hawthorn Early Years (HEY) we recognise the importance of childhood in building the foundations for future learning and citizenship in an ever-changing world. We recognise children as bearers of rights, capable and competent of participating in society through their relationships with others. HEY prides itself on being recognised as a dynamic and innovative early childhood service that is responsive to all children, both as individuals and within groups. Our teachers and educators are supporting children to develop the skills and dispositions they will need to thrive in the 21st century.
Work Days of the Role Monday - Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 40hrs p/w and monthly RDO
Description The Opportunity/Role We are looking for forward thinking and thoughtful educators/teachers to join our juniors teaching teams in 2022. Our Junior Early Learners consist of two 0-2 year old classrooms with a maximum of 10 children and 4 educators in each classroom, and three 2-3 year old classrooms with a maximum of 12 children in each classroom with four educators. Casual roles also available. Have a Bachelor qualification but looking to gain experience as an educator and progress towards a leadership/teaching role? HEY will support your career progression and your higher qualification will translate to a higher rate of pay. Bachelor qualified teachers are also employed to lead all nine classrooms at HEY providing opportunities not found in other services. Working closely with your Team Leader/ECT and designated Educational Leader, you will enjoy;
- Supporting the development and implementation of curriculum in collaboration with team members to maximise each child’s development and learning.
- Supporting each child to participate in the educational program.
- Supporting assessment of each child’s learning and development.
- Working along-side educators to support an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting and evaluation.
- Being guided by the Service’s Pedagogical Strategy.
- Supporting the implementation of our Specialist Programs including a Kitchen Garden Program, Music Program, Fundamental Movement Program, Body safety Program and Environmental Education Program.
- Contributing to the development and ongoing implementation and review of the services Quality Improvement Plan.
- Financial benefits including attractive remuneration packages (above award pay rates and teachers are employed under the VECTEA), childcare discounts, and access to an employee assistance program.
- Access to innovative professional development, coaching, curriculum, conferences and mentoring.
- High-quality, spacious, well-resourced environments for children and educators.
- Flexible work options including monthly RDO’s.
- Career advancement opportunities (educator - ECT - Educational Leader - Centre Manager - Centre Director) and other support roles such as administration.
Qualifications To be considered, you will have:
- A Qualification in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA (Cert III, Diploma or Bachelor)
Industrial Agreement/Award Children’s Services Award 2010
Please email your resume or contact the Service if you would like further information about the roles on offer.