Early Childhood Educator
Organisation Renown Kindergarten
For Provider Renown Kindergarten
Closing date 07.07.2021
Primary role Certificate III Educator
Position type Part-time
Location South Yarra
About the Centre/Service Renown Kindergarten in South Yarra has been providing kindergarten children with their first educational experience since 1920. We have a rich history and tradition, and are committed to offering an early childhood service of the highest quality. Renown is seeking a dynamic, flexible and committed Educator looking to contribute new ideas and energy to our centre. In addition to our three and four year old programs, Renown also offers a French bilingual program for 3 and 4 year olds.
Hours of Work of the Role 13.5 contracted hours with opportunity for casual employment
Description We have a position available to join our professional and supportive team on a part time basis. This role is in our 4 year old Kinder program. Core duties include:
- support teachers by contributing to a range of planning and documentation practices within the program
- supervise spontaneous and/or planned experiences when working with small groups of children or families in our indoor and outdoor learning environments
- assist in the development of reflective practice when creating routines and engaging learning spaces in collaboration with the teacher for the children and families, and
- actively contribute to establishing a collaborative culture both in the classroom and workplace where teamwork and respect for each other is paramount.
Qualifications Early Childhood Educator - Minimum Certificate III Early Education and Care Skills and experience:
- Certificate III or Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Knowledge of the VEYLDF and EYLF
- Current WWCC
- First aid
- Anaphylaxis and asthma management training
Additional Requirements Please attach a cover letter with your CV, and experience addressing the core duties.
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2016 (VECTEA)