Early Childhood Educator
Organisation Yarram Early Learning Inc
For Provider Yarram Early Learning
Closing date 03.09.2021
Primary role Diploma Qualified Educator
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service Yarram Early Learning are committed to providing children with quality learning opportunities delivered in a safe, secure and stimulating environment, while aspiring to deliver the highest standard of care. The 30-place service operates from Yarram Primary School BIR building with proximity to large playgrounds and other school facilities. This is an excellent opportunity to start fresh and have a positive impact on the operations of a high-quality service.
Work Days of the Role Monday-Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 38 hr per week
Description The Role We believe each member of the team contributes equally to the quality of the service and that a strong, knowledgeable leadership team is essential. This role is crucial to the development of educators and the Centre’s commitment to high quality care under the National Quality Framework. This role includes mentoring educators on both the National Quality Standards and My Time Our Place framework and to support the leadership team in all aspects of the service including, but not limited to;
- leading and inspiring educators, planning and delivering programs with a high level of student and family input.
- working closely with Educators to provide safe and exciting learning environments and activities to meet the needs of school-aged children.
- supporting educators to assess learning and effectively reflect across all 7 Quality areas.
- communicating openly, honestly and with accuracy to all members of the OSHC community
- completion of checklists and audits to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- adhering to policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the National Quality Framework, laws and regulations.
- ensuring a risk management approach to safety is implemented.
- maintaining a high standard of health and hygiene
- supervising children both at the service and on excursions
- working alongside the leadership team to achieve best outcomes.
Qualifications Skills and Experience You must demonstrate:
- a positive outlook to life and a problem-solving approach to success
- commitment to outstanding customer service
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- a strong knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and My Time, Our Place learning framework
- a strong understanding of child development and a positive approach to guiding children's behavior
- the ability to support and mentor other Educators to be their best
- working in a team environment
- Diploma Qualification/ ACECQA approved qualifications for working in OSHC or working towards
- WWC, First Aid, CPR and Asthma/Anaphylaxis qualifications
- excellent computer skills
- strong time management and demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks
- Full time position and job security
- A purpose-built facility/hall within the school grounds with new equipment
- Training and leadership opportunities
- Ability to be a part of the decision-making
Industrial Agreement/Award Children’s Services Award 2010