Early childhood Educator (Casual) Cert III & Diploma
Organisation The Royal Women's Hospital
For Provider The Royal Women's Hospital
Closing date 03.08.2021
Primary role Certificate III Educator
Position type Casual
About the Centre/Service The Royal Women’s Hospital is Australia’s first and largest specialist hospital dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of newborns and women of all ages. To join the Women’s is to be instrumental in forging progress towards health equity for women from ground-breaking research through to the bedside delivery of multi-disciplinary clinical care. Creating exceptional experiences is at the heart of everything we do for our patients, their families, and our people across our specialised services within maternity, neonatal and women’s health. The Women's Child Care Centre is a registered 25 place long day care service, providing care for children from the age of 6 weeks to 6 years in a family group setting. We provide care for the children of staff and patients attend the hospital, allowing them to discuss their health care confidentially and without interruption.
Work Days of the Role Monday-Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 6:45am-5:45pm (Varied)
Your contributionYou will be able to be an active team member in the provision of high quality early childhood education and care, including developing strong relationships with children, families, educators and the community. Allowing you to provide back fill when permanent staff are on leave, your duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Supervising children from 6 weeks to 6 year of age
- Providing daily education and care
- Supporting a Funded 4 year old Kindergarten Program
- Participation and contribution to the approved children’s program and curriculum
- Usual routine and operative duties as associated with an Early Childhood Service
- When you join the Women’s you unite with talented people who share your purpose and unwavering determination to advance health outcomes for all women. You will find a workplace that is collaborative, progressive and passionate about learning and working together in multi-disciplinary teams to ensure you find the exceptional in your everyday.
- Our staff benefits program includes salary packaging, on-site car parking and childcare (subject to availability), alongside a range of discounted financial, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits provided by our staff benefit partners. To learn more, please visit: www.thewomens.org.au/careers/why-work-at-the-womens/staff-benefits/
- We are proudly White Ribbon and Breastfeeding Association accredited. The Women’s is committed to gender equity principles and our people have an awareness of and sensitive approach to violence against women/family violence matters.
- The Women’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. We welcome applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders, people with lived experience of disability and people who identify as LGBTI.
About youTo be successful within this role you will need to have:
- Certificate III or Diploma in Children’s Services (Early Childhood Education and Care)
- Minimum 1 Year experience in an Early Childhood Setting
- Availability to work a minimum 3 shifts per week
Additional Requirements - Anaphylaxis & Asthma Training is accepted as part of the HLTAID004 package - Minimum availability is x3 days per week on a varied roster - Successful candidates will undertake a Police Check with associated costs covered by the Women's
Industrial Agreement/Award Children’s Services Award 2010