Early Childhood Educator Cert III
Organisation Glenelg Shire Council
Closing date 26.07.2021
Primary role Certificate III Educator
Position type Part-time
Description Early Childhood Educator - Cert III Qualified 16 hours per week (Temporary Part-Time) $30.22 - $32.13 per hour About Glenelg Shire Council Glenelg Shire is renowned for its landscapes which include the Budj Bim National Heritage Landscape, expansive beaches, scenic and rugged coast with large national parks. We acknowledge and respect the Traditional Owners of the region, the Gunditjimara, Bunganditj and Jarwadjali people. As Equal Opportunity Employer, Council welcomes applications from all members of our community and those outside the area too. Glenelg Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people. Council takes pride in being a child-safe organisation and is committed to the wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees. Our Values| Respect | Integrity | Teamwork | Service Excellence | Innovation About the Role If you have a positive outlook, love teamwork and collaboration, and are passionate about working with children, then we have the perfect role for you at The Karreeta Peeneeyt Mara Portland Child & Family Complex. This position is temporary and subject to Inclusion Support Funding. Current rostered hours are - Monday 12pm-6pm, Wednesday 12pm-4pm, Friday 8.30am - 2.30pm (subject to change) Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community.
- Contribute to and implement an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice.
- Document children's learning and development.
- Actively working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum qualification Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and Education and Care Services Regulations 2011. Applicants actively working towards an approved qualification are also encouraged to apply.
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency First Aid response in an education and care setting.
- A genuine understanding of and the desire to work with children aged 0 to 12 years of age.
- Effective communication skills with adults and children.
- Ability to deal discretely and tactfully displaying empathy, warmth and understanding with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Ability to work harmoniously within a team environment and encourage a team approach.
- Effective listening skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and valid Working with Children Check card
- Ongoing professional development
- Active Social Club
- Positive work/life balance
- Values-based culture
- Corporate health insurance
- Wellbeing initiatives including discounted gym membership
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2016 (VECTEA)