Early Childhood Educator – Cert III Traineeships
Organisation The Lady Gowrie Child Centre (Melbourne) Inc (Gowrie Victoria)
Closing date 13.08.2021
Primary role Certificate III Educator
Position type Full-time
Location Docklands, Broadmeadows, Carlton or Yarraville
About the Centre/Service Established in 1939, Gowrie Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation committed to our purpose to champion good early childhood education and care. We provide long day care and kindergarten across six early learning centres and through our Adult Learning department we also deliver qualifications in ECEC and professional development for the sector. Our employee engagement levels are in the top 10% for care-based organisations, and 80% of our employees rate Gowrie Victoria as a truly great place to work.
Work Days of the Role Mon to Fri
Hours of Work of the Role 38hrs per week
Description We are currently recruiting for a number of Early Childhood Educator – Trainees (Certificate III) with classes to commence in August 2021. Our full-time trainees spend 32 hours per week (8 hours x 4 days) in on-the-job learning and 6 hours per week in class. Reporting to the Room Leader, you will learn to contribute to the implementation of a high-quality early learning program and role model professional practice reflective of Gowrie Victoria’s purpose, philosophy and values. Furthermore, you will learn how to:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with children, families, colleagues and the broader community.
- Contribute to documentation that demonstrates intentional teaching and reflects children’s curiosity and learning.
- Actively participate in, share and embed professional learning in the pursuit of higher standards
- No prior experience in early childhood education and care is required – a great organisational fit is most important to us!
- You can articulate why you want to work as a professional early childhood educator
- To be eligible for a Certificate III traineeship you must have no existing qualification at a Certificate III level or higher
- You are also:
- Reliable, trustworthy and a team player and can demonstrate this through previous work/ life experience
- Willing and able to commit the time and effort to attend class, work four full days and complete self-paced study outside of business hours (a Certificate III traineeship generally takes 9-13 months to complete while a Diploma level traineeship will take 12-18 months)
What We OfferGowrie Victoria prides itself on our unique and engaging working environment.
- We recognise and value the importance of creating a supportive environment and strong, healthy relationships.
- Coaching and mentoring for staff across our early learning programs.
- Targeted, holistic professional development, organisational conferences and social events.
- An innovative staffing structure which allows teams' flexible time off the floor for planning, regular outings and the opportunity to participate in communities of practice and other development programs.
- We actively work with universities and other partners to further research and continuously improve practice for ourselves and the sector.
Does this sound like you?
- To apply click on this link and ensure that you provide us with a succinct resume and one-page cover letter that addresses the points in About You (as above).
- For more information about our Traineeships please go to our website https://gowrievictoria.org.au/become-a-gowrie-victoria-trainee/
- To be eligible for employment you must have appropriate Australian or New Zealand work rights.
- Gowrie Victoria is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people. Appointment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Working with Children Check
Industrial Agreement/Award Children’s Services Award 2010