Early Childhood Educator (Diploma) – Casual Relief Pool
Organisation Bethany Kindergarten Services Limited
Closing date 03.12.2021
Primary role Diploma Qualified Educator
Position type Casual
Location Geelong & Bellarine
About the Centre/Service At Bethany we value people and build upon their strengths. We are innovative and for over 150 years we have been supporting individuals within the community by developing new ways of working to make a difference. We have a broad range of programs from providing early childhood education and care through our 22 Kindergartens, to tailored community services to support children and families’ wellbeing.
Description The Early Childhood Educator is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of high quality, innovative and inclusive early childhood education programs. The Early Childhood Educator will contribute as required to the development, implementation and documentation of safe and developmentally appropriate education programs for each child. The position will work as part of a team to ensure kindergarten operations comply with relevant legislation, regulations, policy and procedure including direct supervision of children and the creation and maintenance of a safe and healthy kindergarten environment. What we offer
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employment as per the terms of the VECTEA 2020
Qualifications To be considered for these vacancies, you must possess the following:
- A minimum of certificate III in Children’s Services (or equivalent as approved by Australian Children’s’ Education and Care Quality Authority – ACECQA)
- Experience working within an early childhood education setting
- A current HLTAID012 First Aid certificate including annually updated CPR certificate, asthma and anaphylaxis certificates
- A current Working with Children check and a satisfactory criminal history with a willingness to complete a National Police Check.
Additional Requirements Please note, Bethany Community Support is an essential service, and all employees are classified as essential workers. In order to comply with the CHO directions, all employees must provide evidence of their Covid-19 vaccination.
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
To apply for this exciting opportunity and for a copy of the position description, please visit the ‘Careers’ section of our website: www.bethanykindergartens.org.au. Please submit your application including a resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria (as outlined in the relevant Position Description) to: email@example.com by 9:00am, Friday 3 December 2021. You must address the Key Selection Criteria to be considered for this position.