Early Childhood Educator Diploma Qualified
Organisation Glenelg Shire Council
Closing date 26.07.2021
Primary role Diploma Qualified Educator
Position type Full-time
Description Permanent Early Childhood Educator - Diploma Qualified (Full-Time) $63,817.43 - $67,381.79 gross per annum + superannuation + annual leave About Glenelg Shire Council Glenelg Shire is renowned for its landscapes which include the Budj Bim National Heritage Landscape, expansive beaches, scenic and rugged coast with large national parks. We acknowledge and respect the Traditional Owners of the region, the Gunditjimara, Bunganditj and Jarwadjali people. As Equal Opportunity Employer, Council welcomes applications from all members of our community and those outside the area too. Glenelg Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people. Council takes pride in being a child-safe organisation and is committed to the wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees.Our Values| Respect | Integrity | Teamwork | Service Excellence | Innovation About the Role If you have a positive outlook, love teamwork and collaboration, and are passionate about working with children, then we have the perfect permanent full time role for you at The Karreeta Peeneeyt Mara Portland Child & Family Complex. Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Developing and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community.
- Developing and implement an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice.
- Documenting children's learning and development.
- Actively working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum qualification Diploma of Children's Services or equivalent. ( or actively working towards formal qualification).
- Ability to prepare routine correspondence.
- Ability to deal discretely and tactfully with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Ability to work harmoniously within a team environment and encourage a team approach.
- Effective communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011, Education Care Services National Law Act 2010, related legislation and Council's OHS Policies, National Quality Framework.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in child development, program planning and behaviour guidance.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Ability and desire to be in-charge of an individual room/service.
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and valid Working with Children Check.
- Ongoing professional development
- Active Social Club
- Positive work/life balance
- Values-based culture
- Corporate health insurance
- Wellbeing initiatives including discounted gym membership
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2016 (VECTEA)