Early Childhood Educator- Program Leader (5 months)
Organisation Annie Dennis Children's Centre Inc.
For Provider Annie Dennis Children's Centre
Closing date 30.07.2021
Primary role Child Care Room Leader
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service We are a non for profit early childhood education and care service in the heart of Northcote. We are currently recruiting for a full time Room Leader for our toddlers program (11 children with 3 educators). We are registered for 98 children's, however we purposefully keep our utilisation to 84 children per day. We operate six programs from 6 months to 5 years, including integrated funded kinder program for 3 and 4 yr olds.
Work Days of the Role Monday to Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 38 hours per week
Description We are a well-established (est. 1929 and 1936) and highly respected children's service.The centre is has spacious natural outdoor environments for the children (renovated in the last few years). It has a strong work culture, long term staff and has an ongoing commitment to professional learning, continual improvement and development. Our philosophy emphasises the importance of building strong collaborative relationships between families and educators, inclusive practices, children’s wellbeing, the physical and natural environment and that children learn through play with the support of knowledgeable educators. We are seeking an experienced Diploma trained educator to take on the position of room leader to work collaboratively with a team of experienced long term educators caring for and educating children. Key responsibilities of the positions is to work with other educators to develop and implement a play based program, a creative and innovative indoor outdoor program and to critically reflection on all areas of the curriculum.
- Experienced Diploma trained Early Childhood Educator
- Have experience working as a room leader
- Leadership and team building skills
- Engage in critical reflection
- Strong working knowledge of the National Quality Framework, the Early Years Learning Framework, Children’s Services Regulations and the Child Safety Standards.
- Have experience in documenting children’s learning and development.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build professional relationships with children, colleagues and families
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Holds current WWCC and current first aid qualifications
- Working knowledge of the Child Safety Standards
Additional Requirements Essential qualities: • Supportive • Approachable • Flexible • Reflective • Collaborative • Innovative • Passionate Employment Conditions: • Employed under Professional Childcare Standard 2020 • Fortnightly RDO • Commencing ASAP • Administrative non-contact time • Professional development opportunities • An inclusive supportive work environment
Industrial Agreement/Award Professional Childcare Standard 2015
Email to request an application package firstname.lastname@example.org