Early Childhood Teacher
Organisation Gowrie Victoria
For Provider Gowrie Victoria
Closing date 01.10.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Full-time
Location Carlton North
About the Centre/Service Established in 1939, Gowrie Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation committed to our purpose to champion good early childhood education and care. We provide long daycare and kindergarten across six early learning centres located in Broadmeadows, Carlton, Carlton North, two services in Docklands (The Harbour and Gowrie Docklands Kinder at the brand new Docklands Primary School), and Yarraville; and through our Adult Learning department we also deliver qualifications in ECEC and professional development for the sector. Our employee engagement levels are in the top 10% for care-based organisations, and 80% of our employees rate Gowrie Victoria as a truly great place to work.
Work Days of the Role Mon to Fri
Description We are currently recruiting for a full time Early Childhood Teacher at our service in Carlton North. Opening in 1939, this is a 76 place service operating three rooms (6 weeks to 5 years) including two integrated kinder programs. Reporting to the Manager, Early Learning you will lead, coach and inspire a small team of educators in developing and implementing a high-quality pedagogical program by role modelling professional practice reflective of Gowrie Victoria’s purpose, philosophy and values. You will do this by:
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with children, families, colleagues and the broader community.
- Coaching and mentoring educators to achieve individual and team goals.
- Developing documentation that demonstrates intentional teaching and reflects children’s curiosity and learning.
- Actively participating in, sharing and embedding professional learning in the pursuit of higher standards
Qualifications You will bring to the role:
- Minimum three (3) year Bachelor of Education in early education and VIT registration
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of the NQF, EYLF and VEYLDF through an emergent play-based curriculum.
- Experience working with children with a range of abilities and interests
- Demonstrated ability to implement inclusive programs that are respectful of equity and diversity
- Previous leadership experience and/or a willingness to participate in deep professional learning to develop this competency.
- An ability to work effectively in a team and engage in regular critical reflection.
What We OfferGowrie Victoria prides itself on our unique and engaging working environment.
- We recognise and value the importance of creating a supportive environment and strong, healthy relationships.
- Coaching and mentoring across our programs.
- Targeted, holistic professional development, organisational conferences and social events.
- An innovative staffing structure which allows teams' flexible time off the floor for planning, regular outings and the opportunity to participate in communities of practice and other development programs.
- We actively work with universities and other partners to further research and continuously improve practice for ourselves and the sector.
- Market competitive remuneration and 15 days personal leave.
- Membership and access to the full training suite on the Early Childhood Association Learning Hub for all employees
How to applyTo apply please click on this link Apply button and ensure that you provide us with a succinct resume and one-page cover letter that addresses the points in About the Role and About You (as above).
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)