Early Childhood Teacher
Organisation Y Whittlesea
For Provider Y Whittlesea
Closing date 29.10.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
Location Doreen or Wollert, Victoria
Work Days of the Role Part time - will be determined with preferred applicant
Hours of Work of the Role Part time - will be determined with preferred applicant
Description Y Work for the Y Y Whittlesea is seeking Early Childhood Teachers for our 3 and 4 year old kindergarten group. The position is located at one of our ELC's in either Doreen or Wollert. The position will be a permanent part time role. Anticipated start date for this role is dependent on the service and their immediate needs. Orchard Road Community Early Learning Centre in Doreen is looking for a 4 year old sessional kindergarten ECT. Kirrip Kindergarten is our brand-new centre in Wollert and due to commence its operation from Term 1, 2022 and will be offering 3 and 4 year old kindergarten. The service has 3 large rooms with an abundance of natural light and a natural outdoor environment. Both kindergartens are located next to a local primary school and other complimentary spaces such as maternal health and community spaces. Our services of sessional kindergarten deliver a curriculum that allows children’s learning to be scaffolded through a wide range of play based teaching opportunities. We have a strong current staffing team in Doreen and are looking to add fellow passionate and dictated early childhood professionals. Our Kirrip Kindergarten in Wollert is brand new so you will be working alongside a brand-new team. Our ongoing commitment to children’s learning is always the key focus while also maintaining a working culture that is professional, respective and self-developing. You will join a Y team that is supportive and committed to your personal development. With a positive attitude towards a collaborative approach will help you succeed in this role. If you feel you meet what we are looking for in terms of:
- willingness to give 110% attention to the care and education of our children
- innovative and self-motivated
- creative and resourceful in creating spaces for children and families
- work on a rotating roster; then we would love to hear from you.
- Working knowledge of current early learning frameworks and an in depth understanding of pedagogical approaches within a play based curriculum.
- Confident in assessing children’s learning.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- The applicant will be able to continually self-reflect, is open to feedback and able to implement changes.
- Strong knowledge of the Educational and Care Services National Regulations.
- Preferably has had experience working within a sessional kindergarten setting.
- A National Police Check (or International Police Check where applicants have lived or worked overseas);
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Check (or equivalent) in accordance with their state or territory laws; and
- A minimum of three (3) reference checks.
Qualifications Mandatory Requirements/Qualifications/Certificates
- Registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate (or evidence of medical clearance) to comply with Y Whittlesea Vaccination Statement
- Current National Police Check (no more than 6 months old) and to be renewed every 3 years.
- Current Level 2 First Aid (minimum HLTAID003)
- Current CPR (HLTAID001)
- Current Anaphylaxis qualification and epipen / anapen training (22300VIC)
- Current Asthma qualification (22282VIC)
- Bachelor of Early Childhood (or equivalent as approved by ACECQA
- NDIS Workers Screening Check*
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements If you would like to seek further information or need assistance applying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 153 332 Applications close: 29/10/2021
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
TO APPLY: Please visit our Y careers page to apply directly with your resume and cover letter and to complete an application form. (copy link into your browser): https://whittlesea.ymca.org.au/about/careers/find-a-job/ Please note: when submitting your cover letter please advise if you have a preference for either Doreen or Wollert or if you would consider either one.