Early Childhood Teacher – 3 Year Old Group
Organisation Deer Park West Kindergarten Inc.
For Provider Deer Park West Kindergarten
Closing date 28.11.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
Location Deer Park
About the Centre/Service Deer Park West Kindergarten (the Service) is a community-based, not-for-profit kindergarten service located in Adeline Court, Deer Park. The Service is operated by a Committee of Management (CoM) which is made up of parents/guardians of children attending the programs. The Service offers a funded kindergarten program for children aged four years, in the year prior to school, and an Activity Group for children aged three years which will become a government funded program in 2022.
Work Days of the Role Wednesday - Friday
Hours of Work of the Role up to 12 hours TBC additional hours being offered in 2023
Description We are seeking a dedicated person to join our team; who is passionate and motivated about making a positive difference in the lives of children and their families. The role will include developing and implementing a high-quality learning program for up to thirty 3 year old children. In this role, you will also be actively involved in the development and implementation of the Quality Improvement Plan of the kindergarten. You will be required to work in collaboration with fellow staff members and families to implement a play-based program that develops and extends the children’s strengths and abilities. The program operates as a 5 hour session but will increase to a 15 hour program in 2023. The applicant will also be committed to providing a safe, supportive and inclusive environment for all children in their care. Weekly non-contact time for planning is provided. Paid professional development and training will be offered. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be involved in the development of an age appropriate program that contributes to each child's interests including their emotional and social wellbeing;
- Instrumental in further developing the 3 year old program from 5 hours to 15 hours;
- Complete documentation of children's experiences and learning;
- Engage in professional and respectful communication with families, children and the team;
- Contribute to the philosophy of the Service and actively live the values and vision of the organisation.
- Support peers in striving for high quality programs, practices and environments.
Qualifications The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum Bachelor of Early Childhood Education & Care or equivalent (ACECQA approved qualification).
- Current Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) Registration.
- Approved and current First Aid, including CPR, Anaphylaxis, adrenaline auto injector training and Asthma certificates.
- Sound knowledge of the VEYLDF, EYLF, NQS and planning cycle.
- Willingness/ability to be able to work additional hours if required.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proven experience developing and providing high quality educational programs for children using the VEYLDF.
- Proven experience documenting all aspects of child development including transition statements.
- Ability to attend professional development opportunities, staff and committee meetings and mentoring sessions.
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements • Adhere to and apply to the kindergarten policies, principles and philosophies. • Experience in working with CALD families. • Ability to work collaboratively in a team with staff, committee, parents and the community. • Experience in working with children with additional needs. • Flexibility, initiative, leadership and team skills are vital. Applications to include: • Resume with Cover letter highlighting: your educational philosophy, what you will bring to the team and your experience working in a collaborative leadership model. • Qualifications and certificates. • Name, qualification, phone number and email for 3 most current contactable referees from the early learning industry including one Centre/Kindergarten
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)