EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER – 3YO: 2022
Organisation HIGHMOUNT PRESCHOOL
For Provider Highmount Preschool Association Incorporated
Closing date 18.10.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
Location Mount Waverley
About the Centre/Service Highmount Preschool is an independent community kindergarten, managed by a professional and experienced Committee of Management. We offer three and four-year-old funded kindergarten programs, delivered by qualified, experienced and caring teachers in a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment. Our educational programs have a strong emphasis on inclusive, play-based strategies, and children enjoy both indoor and outdoor activities with purpose-built spaces to promote socialisation, imaginative play and physical activity. A large playground provides natural and sustainable elements such as vegetable gardens, fruit trees and a rainwater tank. The Preschool provides excellent staff support, with an administration manager, experienced committee of management, and generous professional learning opportunities. There are 22 three year-old places in 2022, providing 2 x 3 hour sessions per week.
Work Days of the Role Tuesday & Thursday
Hours of Work of the Role 12.5 hours per week
Description Highmount Preschool is offering a part-time position for an experienced and dynamic Early Childhood Educator. The position is available for Terms 1, 2 and 3 in 2022. Hours of work are: Tuesday: 8am - 4pm (includes planning time) Thursday: 8am - 12.30pm The successful applicant is required to:
- Confidently lead and implement a high quality educational program, based on approved learning frameworks for our 3yo group.
- Work in partnership with the 4yo teaching team and Educational Leader
- Have excellent knowledge and understanding of the NQF and VEYLDF
- Be confident and articulate in early childhood pedagogy and practice
- Be committed to continuous professional development and apply learning to the program
- Have excellent communication skills and a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Be committed to nurturing relationships with children and families
- Have excellent knowledge of digital technology operations
- Be a dedicated and dynamic teacher and team member!
- Bachelor of Education - Early Childhood
- Minimum 5 years experience working as an Early Childhood Teacher
- Current VIT registration, WWCC and Criminal Record Check
- Current First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma certificates
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements Experience with Dr. Claire Warden’s pedagogical approaches favourable.
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
Please submit your application including cover letter and resume to the President via email: email@example.com