Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) – 3yr old Kindergarten
Organisation JOHN ST CECC
For Provider JOHN ST CECC
Closing date 18.11.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service We are a 57 place community centre near vibrant Brunswick St, Fitzroy. We use an emergent curriculum and learning stories to provide both strength and interest based learning across all age groups. We place a strong emphasis on sustainability and consideration of the environment in all of our routines and program. Our vision at John Street is, To create a warm and safe environment to enhance children’s learning through creative play and experience and to extend connections between a child’s family and community life. What we Offer: Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2020 Above award wages at an ‘Exceeding’ rated centre Above award planning time Paid professional development 7 weeks annual leave Work within a passionate and committed team
Work Days of the Role Monday to Friday
Hours of Work of the Role Centre hours are 7:30am to 6pm -
Description About the Role:
- Planning and implementing a quality 3yr old Kindergarten program in accordance with the National Quality Framework and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework for children aged 3-4 years of age.
- Leading a team in providing a quality 3yr old Kindergarten program that is reflective of the individual children within the program.
- Managing the program and mentoring educators/students to meet high standards of curriculum and documentation.
Qualifications About You:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or ACECQA approved equivalent
- VIT Card
- Current First Aid Level 2, Anaphylaxis and Asthma certificates
- Team player who is open to different views, receptive to feedback, and reflects critically upon best practice.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Computer skills (e.g to develop and provide an online learning program if required).
- Actively seeks out best practices to expand knowledge and continually improve programs.
- Lives the values of John Street:
- Demonstrates passion and dedication to developing the best possible early learning experience.
- Brings positive energy and enthusiasm to engage and enrich daily learning experiences for children and staff.
- Previous experience working within a community cooperative centre is desired but not essential.
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements To be successful in this role you will need to have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, work effectively in a collaborative team environment, engage effectively with colleagues, parents and children as well as have a positive, enthusiastic, and proactive disposition with a high level of initiative. Role is a 12 month contract with possible extension
Industrial Agreement/Award Children’s Services Award 2010