Early Childhood Teacher/ Educational Leader
Organisation Gowrie Victoria
For Provider Gowrie Victoria
Closing date 09.08.2022
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
About UsGowrie Victoria is a well-regarded not for profit organisation that provides long day care and kindergarten at six sites across Melbourne, and we are currently recruiting for a part time Early Childhood Teacher/ Educational Leader at Gowrie Docklands Kinder.Gowrie Docklands Kindergarten is a two room, 66-place kindergarten service co-located with Docklands Primary School. The Early Childhood Teacher/ Educational Leader will be expected to work closely with Gowrie @ The Harbour and build connections for the benefit of the broader Docklands community. The role will be supported by the Operations and Pedagogy Leaders at Gowrie Victoria.
About the RoleReporting to the Operations Manager, the Early Childhood Teacher/ Educational Leader plays an important role in establishing and maintaining quality programs and relationships by working collaboratively with educators, families, Docklands Primary School, and the local community to ensure the best outcomes for children.The Early Childhood Teacher/ Educational Leader will also assume responsibilities as Nominated Supervisor; they will also:
- Lead the development and implementation of a high-quality education program that reflects sound knowledge and understanding of approved early learning frameworks and responds to the needs of children, families and the broader community.
- Coach individuals to build their capabilities in pedagogical practices, team collaboration and conflict management.
- Lead the service’s quality improvement process and pursuit of an exceeding rating under the National Quality Framework (NQF).
- Be willing and able to be appointed as Nominated Supervisor and undertake the inherent requirements of this role.
- Take accountability for the overall operations of the service.
- Minimum three (3) year Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood (or similar) and VIT registration.
- A strong working knowledge of the NQF and approved early learning frameworks.
- Significant experience in ECEC in implementing programs that are inclusive and respond to the interests, strengths and learning needs of the community and individual children.
- Demonstrable leadership experience in an ECEC setting with the ability to develop and coach teams and individuals and engage in regular critical reflection.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and develop strong partnerships with families, children, educators, and other stakeholders.
What we offer
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Three weeks personal leave.
- Ongoing professional development, including opportunities to network with other leaders across Gowrie Victoria
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program.
- A friendly and supportive environment (80% of our employee’s rate Gowrie Victoria as a truly great place to work).
Ready to join us?Before you click on this link to apply for the position, please ensure your resume is set to impress! We'd also love to see a cover letter so we can get to know you a little better. For help with resumes and cover letters you can visit www.seek.com.au/career-advice/.If you would like more information about this opportunity please contact Nicole Pilsworth, Executive Manager Early Learning on 0421 650 200 or [email protected]Gowrie Victoria is an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation, and you can view our commitment to child safety here www.gowrievictoria.org.au/about/You must have a legal right to work in Australia and pass an employee Working with Children Check.
Requirements VIT Registration
Industrial Agreement/Award Individual EBA