Early Childhood Teacher (Maternity Leave 1 year position)
Organisation St Kilda Steiner Kindergarten Inc
Closing date 19.11.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
Location St Kilda East
About the Centre/Service St Kilda Steiner Kindergarten is a long-established Community Kindergarten which has been delivering an authentic Steiner Early Childhood Educational Program to children 3-5 years old, for over 20 years. We are a sessional Kindergarten which runs in line with the Victorian school term dates. A teacher and two educators work together in caring for a group of 22 mixed-age (3 - 5yo) children. The teacher and the educators, as part of their daily activities prepare and deliver the organic food curriculum and take care of the room and the garden. Ideal applicants would be expected to show proficiency in working within the principles of Steiner/Waldorf Early Years Education.
Work Days of the Role DaniAn exciting opportunity has arisen for an Early Childhood Teacher to join our team of dedicated staff three days a week (Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 8-4pm).
Hours of Work of the Role The position is part-time, 30 hours per week comprising of 3 days per week with additional paid planning and admin time.
Description POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- To develop and provide a high quality, developmentally appropriate educational program, based on the principles of Rudolf Steiner early childhood education.
- To work in collaboration with the team of staff and in consultation with the committee of management (employer) and the parents of children attending this service.
- A calm, courteous manner and ability to communicate appropriately with children, parents and colleagues.
- Maintain the rhythm of the day including preparation of meals, activities, morning circle, story, free play, caring for the room and outdoor space.
- To plan and direct daily preparation of the room, materials and activities.
- Organise and attend staff meetings, festivals and a have a commitment to ongoing self and professional development.
- Our teacher will operate in a professional manner at all times and ensure that the service fulfils legislative requirements.
- Bachelor of Education or equivalent
- Current Child Protection and First Aid Qualifications
- Experience working in a Steiner Early Childhood Setting preferred
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements Steiner philosophy understanding or experience.
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
Please email cover letter and CV to: email@example.com