Early Years Teacher/Educational Leader
Organisation Rosedale Neighbourhood House Inc
For Provider Rosedale Neighbourhood Kindergarten
Closing date 30.11.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service The Rosedale Neighbourhood Kindergarten (RNK) is a community-run kindergarten that has been co-located at the Rosedale Community Centre since 2006 along with the local library, community health centre, senior citizens and the Neighbourhood House. The kinder is entirely owned and operated by a volunteer Committee of Governance with the support of our highly skilled and dedicated staff. The kindergarten offers three and four-year-old sessional kinder and we are a child safe organisation. The most important role of this kindergarten is to help children become enthusiastic learners. This means encouraging children to be active and creative explorers who are not afraid to try out their ideas and to think their own thoughts. Our goal is to help children become independent, self-confident, and inquisitive learners. By fostering a love of learning and healthy self-esteem we hope to provide each child with a strong foundation for their future education.
Work Days of the Role Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (sessional days), other day/s by mutual agreement.
Hours of Work of the Role 15 hours contact, 7.5 hours non-contact, 4.5 hours educational leader including administrative and reporting duties per week (total of 27 hours per week)
Description An exciting opportunity has become available for a qualified and experienced Early Childhood Teacher/Educational Leader to join our team. The primary purpose of this role is to; develop and provide a high quality, developmentally appropriate educational program for the children in our community. The role also requires the successful candidate to be the Nominated Supervisor. The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A sound understanding and knowledge of early childhood development and education.
- The ability to develop, document and implement a high quality, developmentally appropriate education program for kindergarten children in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with children, the committee of governance (employer), families, other staff and professionals.
- The ability to plan, work and manage time effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a cooperative, flexible, and professional manner with children, parents, staff and committee of management.
- A commitment to Child Safety standards as we are a child safe organisation.
- Well-developed leadership and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of information.
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood (or equivalent qualification - ACECQA approved)
- Sound knowledge of the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF) and National Quality Standards
- Be required to implement dynamic educational programs, reflecting each child's individual interests, abilities, and ideas
- Maintain children's developmental records to a high standard and complete transition reports.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and abilities to build strong relationships with parents and children
- A current First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificate, Police Check and WWCC.
- COVID vaccination.
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements Please phone Jeanette at Rosedale Neighbourhood House on 0417 574 355 for a detailed Position Description. Attach a cover letter with your CV and experience, addressing the key selection criteria.
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)