Organisation Poets Grove Family and Children's Centre
Closing date 21.01.2022
Primary role Other
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service • We are a non-for-profit community managed 105 place integrated service that has been highly regarded and valued by the Elwood community for over 14 years. • We are part of the Elwood Education Hub with strong community connections • Our service is purpose built with access to Maternal and Child Heath Nurses and specialist team, providing an opportunity for collaborative checks between the families, nurses and early childhood educators and teachers • We have recently received a grant to renovate our outdoor shared space which the new Educational Leader will be able to be part of • We have many long-standing team members who have been here since the beginning • Our passionate team are committed to providing high quality education and care for all children and support for their families • We offer high staff to child ratio, generous planning time allocation as well as time for leadership and collaborative meetings. • The Poets Grove management team are passionate about innovative practices, critical reflective practice, offers a supportive workplace culture and encourages paid professional development.
Work Days of the Role Full Time
Hours of Work of the Role 7.6 hours a day between the hours of 7.15am-6.15pm
Description About the role:
- As the Educational Leader, you will work alongside the Early Childhood Educator and Teaching teams to mentor, guide and support them with their professional practice
- Work collaboratively with our team of professional and dedicated educators to mentor and support their growth and development.
- Working closely with the Centre Manager and 2IC, you will use your previous experience to lead change, influence and inspire educational practice and pedagogy to provide the best outcomes for our children
- Encouraging the teams to get out and about the local community, including beach, nature reserves and parks
- Continuously review our Quality Improvement Plan, making it live and visible to families and children
- Build on the strong partnerships with the community
- Access to free holistic counselling as part of our Wellbeing in Action Program
- Connect with other Educational Leaders from non-for-profit community managed centres
- An attractive salary commensurate to your qualifications and experience
- Passionate about caring, nurturing and educating children.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the NQF – National Regulations, National Quality Standard, the Early Years Learning Framework and Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework
- Have a strong and in-depth knowledge of the planning cycle and critical reflection
- Enthusiastic, motivated, professional, flexible and reliable
- Ability to form and maintain positive relationships with children and families.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a passionate, committed, skilled and highly driven team of educators that creates a positive, supportive and educational environment.
- A minimum of 3 years teaching required, and experience working in a long day care environment.
- Experience as an Educational Leader
Qualifications Essential qualifications for the role:
- ECT (ACECQA Approved)
- Current VIT Registration
- Current First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis Certificate/s (ACECQA Approved) or be willing to obtain
- Current Child Protection Training is desirable
Requirements VIT Registration
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your experience, examples of your pedagogical leadership and what makes you an inspirational leader.