Organisation St Francis of Assisi
Closing date 30.06.2021
Primary role OSHC worker
Position type Casual
Location Mill Park
About the Centre/Service At St. Francis of Assisi, we are very fortunate to have an extensive, inclusive and fully accredited Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) program with Vacation Care. Our program boasts an environment that is inclusive of children of all abilities and uses the interests of the children and their families as the foundation for our weekly themes and activities. Our partnerships with families and rapport with the children ensure that our program’s activities are child-centred and founded on the children's individual needs and interests. Children can participate in both active and passive activities, in both indoor and outdoor spaces. Activities include arts and crafts, creative construction spaces, active sports, reading corners and homework club. We endeavour to achieve best practice in all aspects of our program, striving to create a caring, stimulating and positive environment for all children. We are looking for an educator who is passionate, dedicated and hands-on to work with children in our Centre.
Work Days of the Role Monday - Friday
Hours of Work of the Role varying shifts between these hours; Before School Care: 6.40-9.00 am After School Care: 3.00-6.00pm Vacation Care – up to 5 hours.
Description Job description:
- Assist in the planning, implementation and critical reflection of a stimulating and diverse program relevant to the developmental needs of children attending the service including those with additional needs.
- Use resources effectively
- Establish and apply appropriate guidelines that encourage positive behaviour
- Facilitate effective interaction between groups and individuals
- Administer procedures that ensure the health and safety of those using the program
- Implement daily activities
- Report observations of individuals or groups of children for planning purposes.
- Operate the program within the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011
- Prepare all meals for the children (breakfast, morning and afternoon snacks, afternoon tea, and lunch when required).
- Making sure that all areas are clean tidy, safe at all times, and safety checklists are completed.
- Ensuring that the cleaning schedules and temperature log charts are maintained.
- Must arrive 10 minutes before the commencement of each shift, BSC AND ASC to ensure you are ready to begin on time
- All educators are accountable and must ensure that all OH & S guidelines are followed
- Completed Certificate III or higher in Children’s services or equivalent
- A current Employee WWCC (or willing to obtain)
- Child Protection Training (or willing to obtain)
Industrial Agreement/Award Children’s Services Award 2010