Estrella Preschool Cert III Educator
Organisation Estrella Preschool Inc
Closing date 07.12.2021
Primary role Certificate III Educator
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Estrella Preschool is a much loved community preschool established over 50 years ago. We are operated by a parent run committee who show a commitment to our centre and our staff, valuing and supporting their employees. We provide one three year old program and two four year old programs. Estrella is fortunate to have a big, beautiful outdoor area overlooking Watsons Park and a light filled, inviting indoor play space. We believe that childhood is unique, and a valuable stage of life. It is our role to provide a safe welcoming environment where children can learn and grow into capable, confident and caring individuals. Estrella is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to child safety and have zero tolerance of child abuse. We carry out reference checks to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.
Work Days of the Role Mon: 8am - 4:30pm, Tues: 11am - 4:30pm and Thurs: 8am - 2:30pm
Hours of Work of the Role 20.5 hrs , 15hrs contact, 5.5hrs non-contact
Description We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Certificate III or Diploma qualified co-educator to join our well established team. The role is to commence in Term 1, 2022 to work with one of our four year old groups. Experience working with children is preferred. This is a part time position for 2022. The successful applicant will work with a group up of 22 children and report to the teacher. They will be required to contribute to the design and delivery of a high quality program and work as a team member. You will be supported by the Director/Teacher and Educational Leader and the committee of management. Skills and Competencies required:
- An understanding and knowledge of early childhood development relevant to their level of qualification and position.
- Ability to assist in the provision of a developmentally appropriate program for the children; in partnership with the Early Childhood Teacher, parents and children.
- Knowledge and understanding of the VEYLDF, the National Quality Standards, National Law and Regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with staff, parents and professionals.
- Work in a cooperative and professional manner with staff, other professionals, parents and the committee.
Qualifications Applicants must have an approved
- Certificate III level Education and Care qualification or equivalent, or Diploma.
- Level 2 First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Child Protection training.
- Proof of mandatory vaccination for Covid-19 or approved exemption
Additional Requirements All employees must demonstrate a commitment to child safety and be aware of their responsibilities in this area. Estrella values diversity and we encourage applications from all nationalities and backgrounds. For a job description and any other enquiries please email the director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
Please email applications to the Director