Extended Care – Community Kinder
Organisation Chelsea Heights Kindergarten
Closing date 16.01.2022
Primary role Extended hours care educator
Position type Part-time
Location Chelsea Heights
About the Centre/Service Chelsea Heights Kindergarten is a sessional 3 and 4-year-old kindergarten service run by a volunteer parent committee with strong links to our local community. In addition to our kinder sessions, we provide an extended care service for children who attend our kinder. We are seeking an early childhood qualified carer on a part time basis. At Chelsea Heights Kindergarten we aim to provide an environment that is safe, inviting and stimulating for all children. We firmly believe that each child’s kinder experience and overall development is enhanced by families and staff working together. Our curriculum is play based and offers a variety of activities that are initiated by the children’s emerging interests as well as those that are connected to the community and environment. Children are encouraged to make independent choices and individual needs are supported and catered for. Our Program offers the children numerous music, art, literacy, language, maths and science activities presented in a fun and engaging manner. Several incursions and excursions are planned each year to develop and extend learning interests.
Work Days of the Role Tuesday-Thursday
Hours of Work of the Role Tuesday 1:30pm-6:00pm, Wednesday 11:30am-6:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-6:00pm
Description We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic part time Extended Care co-educator for our extended care program. The program runs daily following the end of 3 and 4 year old kinder sessions, and have a maximum of 22 children (adjusted according to care requirements) per day. This role is a great opportunity for you to be a key part in enhancing and educating the lives of the children in Chelsea Heights. The objectives of the position are as follows:
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the Education and Care National Law Act 2010, the Education and Care National Regulations 2011 and always adhere to its requirements.
- A sound knowledge of current best practice that is reflective of the approved National Quality Framework
- Ensure a safe environment is maintained for both staff and children.
- Ensure that records are maintained accurately for each child in their care and in accordance with the requirements of the National Regulations 2011.
- Ensure the centre or service’s policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Liaise with families, carers, community as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of the centre or service’s policies
- Undertake administrative functions as required
- To have undertaken appropriate professional development related to work which may include on-the-job and/or off-site support.
- Certificate 3 qualified
- A strong understanding and the capacity to work with children with diverse range of abilities
- A sound understanding of play-based pedagogy
- Work and manage time effectively with minimal supervision,
- Have excellent communication skills and work well as part of a team.
Additional Requirements Please do not hesitate to contact Michala Bartholomeusz, President, on email@example.com
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
Written applications via email