Kinder Admin ( with Lunch Cover responsibility) cert 3 or Diploma qualified
Organisation Nola Barber Kindergarten Inc
Closing date 31.01.2022
Primary role Administrator
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Nola Barber Kinder is a community run sessional kindergarten that has been operating since 1951. Nola Barber is run by a volunteer Committee of Management with the support of a part time Administration Officer (the role in which we are hiring) and highly skilled and dedicated staff. The kinder currently offers one group of three-year old and two groups of four-year-old sessional kinder programs in our recently renovated and extended building. At NBK, we encourage all children to grow, learn and develop in a safe and happy environment. All children have the opportunity to explore, experiment, create and have fun while being supported, respected and valued.
Work Days of the Role Tuesday, Friday + negotiable
Hours of Work of the Role 15
Description After 8 years our wonderful Site Administrator is moving on from NBK and we are looking to recruit a new team member. This role is critical in supporting the day to day running of the Kindergarten and supporting the teaching team. The role provides 1 hr lunch cover on Tuesdays and Fridays 1:00-2:00 for our Moons Class Educators. However, we are flexible around days and hours onsite outside of the required lunch cover. The main responsibilities/tasks for this position are;
- Point of contact for enrolment enquiries ( existing & prospective families + council)
- Maintain information on current year’s enrolments for the 3 and 4 year old groups.
- Note: enrolments are being centralised to council and therefore this will mean it is a support task moving forward
- Oversee the grants process / support the grants officer
- Search for grants/businesses that can support the kindergarten’s wish list
- Provide acquittal information for grantsPurchasing Officer
- Kinder Purchasing Officer
- Monitor and direct phone calls and emails
- Policy Management
- Agreed administrative assistance to the Committee. The following committee positions may seek administrative assistance as follows:
- Treasurer with payments, data entry to KIM and maintenance of asset / equipment register.
- Secretary with AGM preparation
- Assistant Secretary with newsletter / website
- Fees Officer with distribution of fee invoices
- Record, collect and distribute mail
- Assist the President and teaching staff with organising information nights and open days.
- Organise AGM packs
- Arrange advertising in local papers and outdoor signage for open days.
- KIM Data Entry Emergency Management Plan
- IT maintenance
- Liaise with and maintain QKR System. Provide support to Fundraising and Fees Officers with the QKR System.
- Minimum Cert 3 or Diploma qualified
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)