Kindergarten Assistant (KPM PCFC)
Full – Time Position
$24.30 – $29.49 gross per hour (based on the 52/52 model) + superannuation + annual leave
Pay rate will depend on applicants experience in accordance with Early Education Employees Agreement 2020
Our Values| Respect | Integrity | Teamwork | Service Excellence |Innovation
About Glenelg Shire Council
Glenelg Shire is renowned for its landscapes which include the Budj Bim National Heritage Landscape, expansive beaches, scenic and rugged coast with large national parks. We acknowledge and respect the Traditional Owners of the region, the Gunditjimara, Bunganditj and Jarwadjali people.
As Equal Opportunity Employer, Council welcomes applications from all members of our community and those outside the area too. Glenelg Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people. Council takes pride in being a child-safe organisation and is committed to the wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees.
Council is committed to ongoing professional development, training and investment in our employees. We provide opportunities to work flexibly, balancing your work goals with your life goals. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including discounted gym memberships, health insurance and well-being program.
About the Role
This role will lead the delivery of high a quality service and meet the needs of children, families, and the community. It will require a positive attitude, problem solving skills and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, customer orientated and committed to delivering a high standard of service and results.
As one of our valued Early Childhood Educators you will:
- Support a flexible, high quality and innovative program that meets the needs of the whole community.
- Be part of a supportive and respectful team environment.
- Assist and support in the provisions of an optimal high quality educational childcare program for children 0-6 years of age, by planning, implementing and evaluating appropriate programs in accordance with National Quality Framework, Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and Education and Care Services Regulations 2011, EYLF or VEYLDF and State Funding Guidelines.
You will have:
- Minimum training of Certificate III in Children’s Services or equivalent in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and Education and Care Services Regulations 2011.
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency First Aid response in an education and care setting or equivalent.
- A genuine understanding of and the desire to work with children aged 0 to 12 years of age.
- Effective communication skills with adults and children.
- Ability to deal discretely and tactfully displaying empathy, warmth and understanding with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Ability to work harmoniously within a team environment and encourage a team approach.
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Satisfactory Police Checks and valid Working with Children Check.
To apply for this position please complete the online application form, including your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability to the role
If you are successful in this role, you will enjoy:
- Ongoing professional development and training
- A supportive and friendly team environment
- Career development opportunities
- Active Social Club
- Positive work/life balance
- Values-based culture
- Corporate health insurance
- Wellbeing initiatives including discounted gym membership
- Salary sacrifice options; superannuation, vehicle leasing, etc.
Council is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Positions are subject to a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Children Check, pre-employment medical, alcohol and other drug screening and the Victoria’s Chief Health Officer ‘s directive that COVID-19 vaccination will be made a requirement of work for staff in early childhood settings.