KINDERGARTEN CO-EDUCATOR: 3-YEAR-OLD PROGRAM (PART TIME, PERMANENT)
Organisation Fordham Avenue Kindergarten
For Provider Fordham Avenue Kindergarten
Closing date 21.01.2022
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Fordham Avenue Kindergarten is a sessional community kindergarten located in a quiet, residential pocket of Camberwell. We are a parent-committee managed early childhood education provider for 3-year-old and 4-year-old programs. At Fordham Avenue Kindergarten we believe that early childhood is a precious time. It encompasses the formative years of a child's life and is a time to be honoured and treasured. Fordham Avenue Kindergarten aims to promote development and learning in all areas (social, emotional, intellectual, language, physical and creative) in an environment where children can learn through play and active participation. Fordham Avenue Kindergarten is committed to providing programs that are developmentally appropriate and specifically designed to encourage self-confidence and high self-esteem, while providing opportunities for learning social and life skills.
Work Days of the Role Thursdays and Fridays
Hours of Work of the Role 9:15AM - 2:15PM (10 contact hours) plus non-contact hours (total 16 hours)
Description We are looking for a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or Diploma Qualified Co- Educator to work in our 3yo kindergarten class. This part time position will see you working collaboratively with the teacher to promote development and learning in all areas (social, emotional, intellectual, language, physical and creative) in an environment where children learn through play and active participation. You will be willing to go above and beyond and have a passion for early childhood education. You must have great communication skills with teachers, parents and children as well as being able to develop deep and meaningful relationships with the children and families of FAK. In collaboration with the Teacher you will be able to: Assist in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of the program; ensure a safe environment is maintained for both staff and children and participate in an annual performance development review process. Responsibilities and duties General responsibilities
- Operate within the requirements of the service’s policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the standards outlined in the Early Childhood Australia (ECA) Code of Ethics, the Victorian Institute (VIT) Code of conduct and FAK's Code of Conduct and Child Safety Code of Conduct
- Work in partnership with the Teacher and support the everyday running of the program.
- Other duties as directed by the teacher or Lead Teachers and Committee of management.
- Provide a healthy, safe and welcoming environment and ensure that children are supervised.
- Attend regular staff meetings to facilitate effective communication, internal staff development and discussion on management and programming for the kindergarten.
- Share housekeeping tasks of preparation, packing, hygiene, and safety related to the program with other staff.
- Work cooperatively with the committee and all staff to ensure the service operates in a safe work environment and that staff follow safe work practices.
- Participate in annual staff review/performance development review process.
- Keep abreast of current issues relating to children’s services and participate in professional development and learning sessions.
- Adhere to all service OHS safety procedures.
- Attend kinder events such as the AGM, Welcome BBQ, set up days each term break and Orientation Day.
Qualifications Essential skills and competencies Interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with the children, parents and other staff.
- Ability to work in a cooperative, flexible and professional manner with children, parents, staff and committee.
- Well developed interpersonal and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of information.
- Either hold a Level Three or Diploma of Early Childhood
- Current police check and Working with Children check
- Hold an approved current first aid training qualification, approved anaphylaxis management qualification and approved emergency asthma management qualification that complies with the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and service policies.
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
How to apply Send your resume with cover letter highlighting your what you will bring to the kindergarten and your experience working in a collaborative team model and include 2 referee contacts. Please send your application to email@example.com Applications close 5pm on Monday 21st January 2022