Organisation Dingley Kindergarten Centres Inc
For Provider Jacks Avenue Kindergarten
Closing date 30.10.2021
Primary role Child Care – Cert III
Position type Part-time
Location Dingley Village
About the Centre/Service We are a small, friendly, community-based sessional kindergarten seeking a dedicated professional to support us in providing a high-quality, play-based educational program. We are passionate about building authentic, respectful relationships with children and their families. We take pride in our caring, responsive and engaging educational environment.
Hours of Work of the Role 25 hrs pw
Description About the Role: You will work under the direction and supervision of the Early Childhood Teacher and the kindergarten committee of management to assist with the planning and delivery of the Early Learning program. You will be actively involved in the development and implementation of the centre’s Quality Improvement Plan and must remain aware of and adhere to the centre’s policies and procedures and health and safety standards. You will be involved in the planning and preparation and supervision of activities, safety procedures and supporting the health and wellbeing of the children. You will assist the Early Childhood Teacher with the daily program and routines to provide a safe, healthy and welcoming environment for the children attending the service. You will ensure adequate supervision of the children and strive to build effective communication and authentic, respectful relationships with the children and their families. Desired skill and attributes:
- A thorough understanding of Early Childhood Regulations, National Quality Standards, associated policies, procedures and strong understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
- A strong desire to develop trusting, meaningful relationships with children
- A professional and ethical approach to cultivating respectful relationships with families
- Respect for the diverse skills, abilities and interests of all children and educators
- A desire to foster a culture of respect, collaboration and continuous improvement
- Passion, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to providing high quality early childhood care
Qualifications Qualifications and Skills:
- An ACECQA approved Diploma of Children Services or Certificate III in Early Childhood and Care
- Current Working with Children Check, Current First Aid, CPR and Asthma / Anaphylaxis certificates.
- Child Protection Training
- Experience working in all age groups in early childhood settings
- A strong understanding of Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards (NQS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Requirements Child Protection training
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)