Organisation Ave Maria Kindergarten Inc
Closing date 19.08.2022
Primary role Child Care – Director (Co-ordinator)
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Ave Maria Kindergarten is a vibrant, inclusive community kindergarten providing quality 3 and 4-year-old kindergarten programs in Aberfeldie. Established in 1957, Ave Maria Kindergarten is a not-for-profit sessional kinder run by a Committee of Management made up of parent volunteers. It is the largest double unit preschool centre in the community and has four of 4-year-old groups and 3 of 3-year-old groups offering programmes to approximately 180 families.Our curriculum is play based and emergent, and our focus is on supporting and extending the children’s interests and strengths to develop confidence, curiosity and an enthusiasm for learning. Our teachers and educators are experienced, enthusiastic and committed to our children, programmes and the ongoing success of our kindergarten. As a kindergarten we are committed to providing a child safe environment and all staff must demonstrate their ongoing responsibility to ensuring child safety. Ave Maria Kindergarten has an excellent reputation for its early years programmes and was assessed in 2015 and 2021 as ‘Exceeding the National Quality Standards’ for all required Quality Areas.
Work Days of the Role 4-5
Hours of Work of the Role 30 minimum
Description A rare and exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic person to become the Director of Ave Maria Kindergarten and lead our dedicated team as we continue to grow and strive to be a progressive and innovative community kindergarten. We are looking for an outstanding leader for this role, which will include being the Nominated Supervisor for our kindergarten. You will work with the Committee of Management and be supported by existing staff to help the kindergarten’s transition into this next exciting phase, lead the strategic direction of the kinder and ensure that it continues to operate smoothly and to a high standard in all respects going forward. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Working with the Committee of Management to ensure that the kindergarten continues to meet and exceed its obligations under all National Quality Standards and applicable legislation;
- Being a key contact for the kindergarten for relevant regulatory authorities;
- Ensuring the smooth running of the day to day operations of the kindergarten on behalf of the Committee of Management;
- Working with Committee members in relation to budgets, enrolment, compliance and other areas as required and reporting regularly to the Committee of Management on the operations of the kindergarten; and
- Mentoring, guiding and supporting staff – promoting an understanding of the EYLF and VEYLF, keeping up to date with current research and resources relating to early years education, exploring opportunities for professional development and ensuring policies and procedures are understood and implemented.
- Effectively managing the Kindergarten’s various stakeholders (current and prospective families and children and staff.
Qualifications The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of management experience within a kindergarten environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability with large teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, approachable and cooperative
- A strong ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive culture within our centre
- Experience with NQS Assessment and Ratings and understands the NQS and related regulatory standards and requirements
- Ability to plan and implement a quality, educational and child-based program
- Sound knowledge of computer skills including Qikkids, CCMS & ISS
- Current first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma management training
- Early Childhood VIT registration
- WWC and Police check
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements Key Selection Criteria:KSC1 The ability to plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate programs for individuals and groups of children, including maintaining appropriate individual records, in keeping with program quality standards.KSC2 Understanding of and ability to implement sound human resources policies and practices relating to OH&S and staff development – managing staffKSC3 Knowledge of the National Quality Framework, relevant Government Acts and regulations, and the ECA Code of Ethics and the rights of the child.KSC4 Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills and high-level interpersonal skills including the capacity to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with all staff, parents and the broader community to focus on children’s learning, wellbeing and engagement.KSC5 Proven experience and ability in leading, managing, engaging and developing a large team of teachers and educators
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)
Please send the below to Judy Egan, President at [email protected] • A cover letter addressing your suitability to the requirements of the position, • A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria, and • A resume detailing your qualifications and experience, and contact details of three referees Job Description is available upon request We are an equal opportunity employer and will maintain strict privacy and confidentiality regarding your application.