Kindergarten Teacher (Maternity Leave)
Organisation Acacia Children's Centre St Albans
For Provider Acacia Children's Centre St Albans
Closing date 25.02.2022
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
Location St Albans
About the Centre/Service Acacia Children's Centres (Acacia) is a not-for-profit community-based organisation, we have 3 centres located in Richmond, Fitzroy and St Albans. We are an integrated Long Day Care and Kindergarten service. We pride ourselves on our commitment to the inclusion of all children and to enhance all children's wellbeing so they can become confident and independent learners. Our innovative educational program is delivered as an indoor/outdoor program which focusses on children learning through play and inquiry-based learning. Our team of educators are passionate and very supportive of each other including new team members. STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT TO CHILD SAFETY We are committed to child safety. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered and have zero tolerance of child abuse. We understand our legal and moral obligations to treat all concerns seriously and to report allegations and concerns about a child/ren’s safety and wellbeing to authorities. We are committed to the cultural safety of all children including Aboriginal children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
Work Days of the Role Monday to Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 37.5 hrs
Description The objectives of the position are as follows:
- Develop and provide a high quality, developmentally appropriate educational program (based on an approved curriculum framework) for the children at Acacia Children’s Centres in consultation with the Management team, Director and the parents of children attending Acacia Children’s Centres.
- Provide educational leadership while working as a member of a collaborative service team.
- Operate in a professional manner at all times and ensure that the service meets the requirements of the Department of Education and Training (DET) Kindergarten Funding Guide; Education and Care Services National Law (National Law); Education and Care Services National Regulations (Regulations) and functions in line with approved policies, procedures and the Quality Improvement Plan of Acacia Children’s Centres.
- Qualifications suitable for an early childhood teacher under the Education and Care Services National Law. Education and Care Services National Regulations and the DET Kindergarten Funding Guide
- Be registered as an Early Childhood Teacher with the Victorian Institute of Teaching, and continue to renew/maintain the registration during the course of employment
- Hold a current
- approved first aid qualification,
- approved anaphylaxis management qualification and
- approved emergency asthma management qualification,
Requirements VIT Registration
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)