Lead Educator / Room Leader – Richmond Multicultural Children’s Centre
Organisation Try Australia Childrens Services
Closing date 31.07.2021
Primary role Child Care Room Leader
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service Lighting the spark... We are Sparkways (formerly TRY), a Social Purpose organisation supporting children and young people since 1883. Trusted by thousands of families, we work together to spark curious, creative and confident children through our 40+ high quality Early Childhood Education and Care kindergartens, preschools and childcare centres. Will you join with us in our commitment to change lives – every single day? • Learn more: https://sparkways.org.au/centres/richmond-multicultural-childrens-centre
Description Could you be our Lead Educator and Toddler Room Leader at the Richmond Multicultural Children’s Centre? Join us to spark curious, creative & confident children.
- Are you an experienced Diploma qualified Educator?
- Do you have expertise in planning and leading education programs?
- Do you want to specialise in Education Leadership?
- Would you like to be part of a small, community focused centre?
- Do people describe you as positive and energetic?
Yes! …. then we would love to hear from you
We can offer you
- A warm welcome as a valuable member of the team
- Influence on the culture and practice of the centre
- A full time contract, initially for one year (parental leave cover), with options for extension or transfer to a permanent role
- Room leader of Toddler room with dedicated hours for Lead Educator activities
- Very experienced Centre Director to mentor and support you
- Professional development and career advancement
- Rosters available four weeks in advance
- A community of passionate and like-minded ECEC professionals in our 40+ kindergartens and child care centres
- Close to West Richmond train station and 48 or 75 tram lines
How to apply
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a cover letter or email responding to the following questions:
- Tell us some examples of how you have mentored colleagues and improved practices?
- Tell us what will make you a great Lead Educator?
- Tell us why you are interested in this position?
Any questions?Email /call Judith or Anastasia in the People & Culture team
Lighting the spark...We are Sparkways (formerly TRY), a Social Purpose organisation supporting children and young people since 1883. Trusted by thousands of families, we work together to spark curious, creative and confident children through our 40+ high quality Early Childhood Education and Care kindergartens, preschools and childcare centres. Will you join with us in our commitment to change lives – every single day?
- Learn more: https://sparkways.org.au/centres/richmond-multicultural-childrens-centre
Child safety and inclusivenessSparkways and all our Centres are committed to child safety. The protection and wellbeing of children and young persons is reflected in our zero tolerance for child abuse. All staff and volunteers have a moral and legal responsibility to ensure that young people are safe whilst involved in our care and programs. All children have the right to safety and security and the protection from physical, emotional, verbal and sexual abuse and neglect. Sparkways is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and from people with a disability.
Industrial Agreement/Award Children’s Services Award 2010
Call Judith or Anastasia