Diploma Educator/Room Leader
Organisation Clifton Street Children's Centre
For Provider Clifton Street Children's Centre
Closing date 31.08.2022
Primary role Diploma Qualified Educator
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service Clifton Street CC is a not-for-profit community-run long day care and kindergarten, providing care and education to children aged from 6 months to 5 years. We are in the heart of Northcote, Melbourne providing accessible quality education and care to the community.CSCC is a professional work environment where our staff and educators are respected, valued and we recognise the importance of all our employees’ health and well-being. We pride ourselves in our NQF Exceeding Rating. We are a 77 place centre with four learning spaces, 3 yards and are located adjacent to large ovals and greenspaces. We are proud of our diverse, professional team who encourage strong, open relationships with children and families.We are passionate about play-based learning and intentional teaching, while creating learning environments that are responsive to all children's strengths, skills and interests.We are committed to children learning about Australian history and our First People, we do this by embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives across all our programs and practices.Clifton Street CC is a child safe environment and we are committed to children’s protection from any form of harm.
Work Days of the Role Monday to Friday
Hours of Work of the Role Rostered between 7.15am and 6pm
Description We are seeking an enthusiastic Room Leader/Lead Educator to join the team in our Under 3s Room. This is a full time position with a fortnightly RDOWhat will you do?
- Be responsible for developing and leading a high-quality educational program for children in consultation with the parents and educators, driven by their interests, in order to meet their individual developmental needs
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with fellow educators, children, families and the local community and partner with them, encouraging their involvement in the program through effective communication
- Be a motivated and driven Educator, who will lead and guide a team of educators in implementing quality play-based learning experiences for children, documenting and extending on children's learning
- Contribute to a child safe environment ensuring standards are met on a daily basis
- Exciting professional development opportunities including two professional development days per year.
- Mentoring by our Educational Leader and Co-Directors.
- Funded First Aid and CRP training for staff
- Fortnightly Lead Educator meetings (held within work hours)
- Above ratio rostering
- Attractive - union negotiated Professional Community Standards 2021 conditions
- part of the Portable Long Service Leave Scheme
- A Diploma in Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification
- Full COVID-19 Vaccination
- Experience working in a long day care setting
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid Certificate/Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current WWCC
- Current child safety training – Mandatory reporting and other obligations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to engage in critical reflection of performance and practice
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a small team of educators.
Industrial Agreement/Award Professional Childcare Standard 2015